What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Demon

Just listened to the new Metallica CD in it's entirety on the radio, and it gets a 3 out fo 5 for me.  A) it's harder like they used to be, B) I think it needs to grow on me. 

I didn't have time to really listen to the lyrics, just the BAMBAMBAMRIFFRIFFRIFFBAMBAMBAM of the music.

Maybe it's better than I think right now.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Rome

I'll never give them a chance again.  Not after seeing what total douchebags Hetfield & Ullrich are now.  No way.

Phanatic

From what I've heard so far it sounds like Metallica trying too hard to be Metallica. It's better then nothing though.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

General_Failure

So they've come full circle in their cover-band thing and are now covering Metallica? Awesome.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

When did Gene Simmons go blond?

General_Failure

I'm going to have this stuck in my head all friggin' night now.

Rome

I sold my farging soul to Satan for this bullshtein?!?!?!?!? - Robert Trujillo

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

what.cd is rolling out a freeleech which means unlimited downloads tomorrow, Im going all Metallica
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

nice, what time EST does it start?

Seabiscuit36

2pm tomorrow, ends sunday at 2pm. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

Quote from: Rome on September 11, 2008, 06:02:34 PM
I'll never give them a chance again.  Not after seeing what total douchebags Hetfield & Ullrich are now.  No way.

Ditto - I'll still listen to some And Justice For All because I grew up with that but I haven't heard a new song of theirs since the Black Album. Word on the street is I'm not missing out

Diomedes

I had a rental car for four days a week or so ago.  It had Sirius, which has a 'Mandatory Metallica' channel.  Nothing but Metallica.  They played a ton of the new album, which I suffered from time to time in between classic tracks.

The new one isn't worth shtein.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger