The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

QuoteGeoffMosherCSN
I can confirm Adam Schefter's report of Chip Kelly staying at Oregon. Onto the next one for the Eagles (and, no, I don'r know who that is).

QuoteRoobCSN
I can confirm Schefter report. Chip Kelly is going back to Oregon. He will not coach the Eagles.

QuoteRoobCSN
If I'm an Eagles fan, I would be very relieved.

QuoteRapSheet
I can confirm reports that #Oregon coach Chip Kelly is staying in college. Apparently, #Nike founder Phil Knight stepped up.

BigEd76

Sal Pal, Caplan and Missanelli on Sports Final:

-- Sal Pal says money was never discussed during the Browns meeting and Banner & crew were annoyed that Chip still wanted to talk to Buffalo and Philly
-- They think Dunn tried to get the teams to outbid each other and it backfired
-- They think screwing around with 3 teams in 2 years damages his credibility, and the fact that he wasn't interested in a big market NFC East team says something about him
-- Sal Pal believes the Eagles are interested in hiring someone that has head coaching experience already, and his pick is Arians
-- Caplan says Bradley is the guy

BigEd76

QuoteIke58Reese
"@RoobCSN: If I'm an Eagles fan, I would be very relieved." AMEN BROTHA! #NoChipKelly
Retweeted by Lesean McCoy

ha

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

If they were going to hire a coach who Shady felt couldn't showcase his talents properly, they were going to hire the wrong coach.

hbionic

I wonder how he felt when Andy was here.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Indifferent, just like everyone else.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Kelly's now had three NFL owners pull a farging chair out for him and he's refused to sit down each time.

Pretty sure billionaires don't appreciate being toyed with like that.  At all. 

Whatever, though.   

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 06, 2013, 11:45:34 PM
Sal Pal, Caplan and Missanelli on Sports Final:

-- They think screwing around with 3 teams in 2 years damages his credibility, and the fact that he wasn't interested in a big market NFC East team says something about him

excellent point.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

He'll pull the same shtein next year when Oregon finishes in the top 5.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

I'm a fan of poopyfacemcgee's new name
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I think it's hilarious that Kelly used Lurie like a cum sock to get a bump from Phil Knight.

I think it's funnier that the national media heads are saying he damaged his credibility by doing so.  Um, what credibility?  He's a college coach without a day's experience in the NFL.   

Dude just got caked off and he did it by using an arrogant dickface in Jeffrey Lurie.  Good for him.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Munson on January 07, 2013, 04:18:25 AM
I'm a fan of poopyfacemcgee's new name

I unblocked you also, as you're harmless. I mean... You're a tool, but I am too. Let's hug.

Chip Kelly's hair is dangerously close to not being visor-capable, if not worse. I honestly don't know how well he might do in the NFL, but I didn't want him. I'm IN on the Gus Bradley train right now. Added bonus that I can get my Stewart Bradley jersey out of mothballs!