*** OFFICIAL *** EAGLES PRESEASON PBP/TALK/GAME/WHO GIVES A shtein THREAD

Started by Rome, August 08, 2014, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

I will preface this by saying that I don't give a flying farg about emmanuel acho but chip puts way too much emphasis on special teams...thats the main reason matthews is in over acho....oh wait....also oregon
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 29, 2014, 10:03:33 PM
I will preface this by saying that I don't give a flying farg about emmanuel acho but chip puts way too much emphasis on special teams...thats the main reason matthews is in over acho....oh wait....also oregon

If Barner makes the team, that would be the heaviest indication of Duck bias so far.

PhillyPhreak54

I think Barner will make it to be the KOR

Saw that they are trying to trade Damaris

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 29, 2014, 10:10:46 PM
I think Barner will make it to be the KOR

There's like 4 other guys who could do it until Huff heals up. I don't get why they'd use a roster slot for this.

ice grillin you

almost 50% of nfl kickoffs result in touchbacks....i don't get the over emphasis on special teams....especially a guy like barner...maybe if you had trindon holliday who is a diff maker and is so far better than anyone on your roster...but christ is barner any better of a KR than josey

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 29, 2014, 07:03:01 PM
its def possible to know a guys ceiling before he plays in the nfl....or for that matter before he even gets drafted

smeags could get 60 catches in chips offense so its not like i think matthews is a scrub or anything he will probably have decent production at times but hes about as vanilla as you can get for a WR...hes not gonna separate in this league and hes only gonna get open via chips schemes...the one place he has a chance to shine on his own is maybe the red zone

i hope im wrong but I see him as a more dynamic jason avant

Not many receivers have the athleticism to gain separation on speed alone. They rely on finding holes in coverage that they can get to. That's why a lot of 1st year receivers struggle, they're used to college where they can just blow by people, in the NFL they can't do that. It takes a year or two to find their niche. Matthews has the tools , it's up to him to do the rest. I have no idea how he's going to do, he definitely stood out among receivers at the camp I watched. Best thing the Eagles did was put him in the slot. His size creates match up problems and it gives him time to learn the nfl.

General_Failure

I'll be happy if he gets 20 catches this year. Thrilled if he pushes out Cooper for a starting spot. Neither of those are important, though, since Ertz is going to go for 100+ catches, 1800 yards.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Roc Carmichael released

And Angry Les Bowen says they're out there looking for ILB help

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEagles release 19: LB Acho, OL Andrews, RB Barner (waived/injured), CB Carmichael, OL Graf, K Henery, WR D. Johnson, S K. Johnson, RB Josey

QuoteReleases cont'd: LB Kaddu, DT Keliikipi, QB Kinne, CB Marsh, WR Momah, WR Murphy, WR Pratt, S Reynolds, DT Square, RB Tucker