Good luck this year...

Started by EJ72, September 13, 2005, 02:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJ72

From a Cowboys fan. Maybe not so much with regard to success on the field, but I hope you have an injury free year and we can get back to some of the good competitive games we used to have.

I'm not a flamer, a homer or a trash talker and don't post on opposing teams' boards much, but I have plenty of respect for the way your organization handled the whole TO situation, and after reading your 2005 Point & Laugh At the taterskins Thread, I knew I had at least one thing in common with you all here. There was some funny stuff in there. One of the Cowboys boards I frequent has had some great LOL & the taterskins threads ourselves, though not the dedicated one you all have. In case some of you have never heard of it, one of the best taterskin homer sites is Extremeskins.com. Guaranteed hours of entertainment! ;D

Hope DM is all right after that shot he took last night, and good luck next week.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: EJ72 on September 13, 2005, 02:22:53 AM
In case some of you have never heard of it, one of the best taterskin homer sites is Extremeskins.com. Guaranteed hours of entertainment! ;D

Are you being serious? Lets put it this way, Art is our hero.  :-D

Sgt PSN

Nice post EJ. :yay   You're a Cowboys fan and you suck.  As long as you remember that, you'll have no problems here.  ;)  See ya in a couple of weeks. 

EJ72

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 13, 2005, 02:24:36 AM
Quote from: EJ72 on September 13, 2005, 02:22:53 AM
In case some of you have never heard of it, one of the best taterskin homer sites is Extremeskins.com. Guaranteed hours of entertainment! ;D

Are you being serious? Lets put it this way, Art is our hero.  :-D

At the board I was talking about, he has his own smiley. It's based on his no-nonsense dictatorial personality. Back during the draft when ES was going nuts, he was screaming about dates and timestamps, and only having informtaion with links to a reputable source, all kinds of ranting. We had a field day with that. We started laughing, going Heil Arthur!

Some people go through life wearing rose colored glasses, some with blinders on, but that guy combines both with his lips firmly attached to the butt of anything taterskin.

General_Failure

You guys remember this the next time you want to call me Hitler. :)

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: EJ72 on September 13, 2005, 02:31:47 AM
but that guy combines both with his lips firmly attached to the butt of anything taterskin.

Including these guys?  Does he have his head up their asses too?  Because that would be funny. 

EJ72

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 13, 2005, 02:27:20 AM
Nice post EJ. :yay   You're a Cowboys fan and you suck.  As long as you remember that, you'll have no problems here.  ;)  See ya in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks Sgt PSN. You're an Eagle fan and you suck. As long as you remember that...

That's been done, hasn't it? Ah well. ;) As far as sucking, that's kind of presumptous. Now the Cowboys, they've kind of sucked for awhile, but I myself never have. Except when it comes to making things grow in the yard. I do suck at that.

Should be a better game than our two teams have had in awhile, and for once I'm actually looking forward to it.

EJ72

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 13, 2005, 02:37:15 AM
Quote from: EJ72 on September 13, 2005, 02:31:47 AM
but that guy combines both with his lips firmly attached to the butt of anything taterskin.

Including these guys?  Does he have his head up their asses too?  Because that would be funny. 

Oh NO! It's the dreaded Dead Tree Crew! Hide the children! :-D

I'd like to see them hang out across the river from Philly in Camden for awhile.

Sgt PSN

I'd just like to see them hang.  :D

EJ72

Quote from: General_Failure on September 13, 2005, 02:36:43 AM
You guys remember this the next time you want to call me Hitler. :)

That was one of the funniest days I've ever had on the internet. Someone else called him Stalin, and I said "Only inofrmation zat has been approved by ze party vill be allowed!" You had to be there, but you kind of get the idea. :)

General_Failure

I go to TheHogs.net when I need a skins fix ... :paranoid ... but I'm sure I can picture that in my head. :)

EJ72

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 13, 2005, 02:42:04 AM

They are a fine example of dorky taterskin fans, aren't they?

You're in the Marines? I'll say thank you for your service then. My nephew came back from his 2nd tour in Iraq last fall, and my wife and I care for her brother who was disabled in Nam. My nephew's first stint there was with the 24th MEU, and his second was with the 2nd Marines. My brother-in-law was with the 1st Marines.

TexasEagle

You still active there? I haven't posted on that board since like March, or some such. The site was pretty bad before for homerism but now that it's gone to an "official" team site I didn't think I'll post there again. The site was better before Gibbs came back. Back then they were just homers (for the most part) but they weren't obnoxious asses at the same time unlike a vast majority of their new posters.

General_Failure

Quote from: EJ72 on September 13, 2005, 02:55:09 AM

You can actually hear them say "holla!"

EJ72

Quote from: General_Failure on September 13, 2005, 02:57:37 AM
Quote from: EJ72 on September 13, 2005, 02:55:09 AM

You can actually hear them say "holla!"

I can almost hear someone behind Mr. Dork in the Smoot jersey yelling, "Boys! Get back on the bus! It's time to get back to your Hooked On Phonics session!"