Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2022, 02:44:36 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 04, 2022, 02:25:04 PM
If Shad Khan thought of Doug because he followed Chip The Disaster and he correlated that to following Urban I would be shocked. It is a very valid point though - Doug can come in and handle those situations.

His success will be tied to Baalke though. So hopefully they spend wisely and smartly for him to get the team he can win with

I mean I'm an idiot and it immediately jumped out to me...if a pro franchise didn't do enough homework on Doug to see it then they shouldn't be in the nfl doing this shtein as their profession.

It's literally the only reason to hire him

Its JAX we're talking about. They're on the list of dumbfargs in the league so I don't give them much credit for deep thinking.

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on February 04, 2022, 12:18:23 PMWill you admit he's a good coach if he takes a 3 win team to the playoffs within 2 seasons?

anyone can make the playoffs in the nfl...the jags have been awful for forever and should have a ton of talent. a moderately competent coach should be able to get them to 9 wins next year or the year after. especially with the qbs they face in that division and especially with the utter disaster hes following. everyone in that building is gonna be thrilled not to see urban much like they were at novacare when chip was fired

all you need to know about doug is they interviewed him first, talked to every other coach known to man, wanted to hire leftwich but he refused because of the gm, then they didnt know what to do and fell back on doug. a very promising process.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

the man gives lil guy a SB and he hates him

BOOOOOOOOOO

phattymatty

Quote from: MDS on February 04, 2022, 03:18:16 PM
Quote from: TAFKASD on February 04, 2022, 12:18:23 PMWill you admit he's a good coach if he takes a 3 win team to the playoffs within 2 seasons?

all you need to know about doug is they interviewed him first, talked to every other coach known to man, wanted to hire leftwich but he refused because of the gm, then they didnt know what to do and fell back on doug. a very promising process.

they hired Doug after talking to every candidate known to man, I don't see how that reflects bad on him. 2nd out of all coaches seems pretty good.

phattymatty

just seems like a goofy dude.  likely way out of his league as an nfl coach but no clue how you could actively dislike the guy who has a statue at the stadium. sponsored by bud light.

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on February 04, 2022, 04:18:37 PM
just seems like a goofy dude.  likely way out of his league as an nfl coach but no clue how you could actively dislike the guy who has a statue at the stadium. sponsored by bud light.

Your first line is the main reason he gets no respect. He looks and comes off goofy, he doesn't have a mean mug look and act like a hard ass like Belicheck or Tomlin. When he was hired we all thought complete disaster...some people are just stuck in that same mindset.

ice grillin you

I don't watch enough of other teams to make that list

abs I definitely don't study their coaching moves when I do
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i dont hate doug at all, im just not going to pretend hes something hes not just because one season everything worked out

nothing about that entire season made any sense, nor will it ever. doesnt mean it wasnt awesome or a highlight of my worthless life, but plenty of dumb coaches have won super bowls and plenty of good coaches havent
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 04, 2022, 05:05:19 PM
i dont hate doug at all, im just not going to pretend hes something hes not just because one season everything worked out

nothing about that entire season made any sense, nor will it ever. doesnt mean it wasnt awesome or a highlight of my worthless life, but plenty of dumb coaches have won super bowls and plenty of good coaches havent

It's not a fluke season when he makes the playoffs the next two seasons...especially with a shtein ton of injuries.  Year 1 he started 4-0 beating a very good Steelers team and Falcons team which made the Super Bowl. They only fell apart because LJ's suspension kicked in and they had zero depth on the o line.

MDS

peep their non nfc east record over the past 5 years...it aint good, chief. he took a good solid roster and racked up wins over bad teams. it makes for a fine life in the nfl if you can swing that.

doug is not like urban meyer or rod marianelli level awful. i never and am not insinuating that.

Rome

For a guy who made the playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons and won the Super Bowl by beating the greatest team/coach/QB in history in doing it, Doug sure gets shtein on a lot. 

I'm sorry but he's a good coach and a great guy.  Jacksonville is a total clusterfarg from top to bottom but they got this one right. 

General_Failure

Yeah maybe he made the playoffs a couple times and won a super bowl, but he's no Buddy Ryan.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 04, 2022, 05:15:42 PM
peep their non nfc east record over the past 5 years...it aint good, chief. he took a good solid roster and racked up wins over bad teams. it makes for a fine life in the nfl if you can swing that.

doug is not like urban meyer or rod marianelli level awful. i never and am not insinuating that.

This is trump supporter type logic here

Geowhizzer

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on February 04, 2022, 06:10:18 PM
This is trump supporter type logic here

its just regular ol logic

i watched every game he coached...hes nothing special. sometimes nothing special wins the title and scores the pretty girl. right place right time, go on a good stretch. it happens.