2005 Point & Laugh At The taterskins Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 20, 2005, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteHeadlines That Are Probably in Newspapers This Morning ...

Washington: "taterskins left to wonder if Week 2 watercooler dousing of Joe Gibbs was perhaps a bit premature"

:yay

ice grillin you

from todays washington post:

The taterskins stand about $18 million over the salary cap, league sources said, and although they can restructure several contracts to trim that figure, tough decisions loom.  The taterskins are not in 'salary cap hell' as some have suggested, but do not have oodles of cap space with which to upgrade.

their advantage is in the fact that they have no free agents of any consequence that they need to resign...i fully expect them to get either or both of one of the best de's and wr's on the market

i swear lil danni pays off the league
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Bigskinbauer

O i am still here.   

From Schneed10 at the warpath
-------------------------------

Salary Cap $ Scheduled in 2006: $109.6 million
Expected NFL Salary Cap Limit: $93 million

Expected Cuts - Cap Savings:
Brandon Noble - $1.7 million
Walt Harris - $2 million
Matt Bowen - $2 million
Corey Raymer - $1 million
Antonio Brown - $450,000
Jimmy Farris - $450,000
Derrick Frost - $450,000
Total Cap Savings from Cuts: $8 million

Salary Cap $ Scheduled in 2006 after Cuts: $101.6 million

Expected Trades/Post June 1 Cuts - Cap Savings
Patrick Ramsey - $2.2 million
Lavar Arrington - $7 million
Total Cap Savings from Trades/Post June 1 Cuts: $9.2 million

Salary Cap $ Scheduled in 2006 after Cuts, Trades, Post June 1 Cuts: $92.4 million

Roster Bonuses Restructured - Cap Savings

(assuming 2006 roster bonuses are restructured to become signing bonuses pro-rated for the remaining length of the current contract)

Sean Taylor: $1.8 million
Clinton Portis: $2.5 million
Casey Rabach: $1.5 million
Shawn Springs: $2.5 million
Cornelius Griffin: $2.0 million
Marcus Washington: $1.9 million
Chris Samuels: $3.7 million
Total Cap Savings from Roster Bonus Restructures: $15.9 million

Salary Cap $ Scheduled in 2006 after Cuts, Trades, Post June 1 Cuts, and Roster Bonus Restructures: $76.5 million

Projected Cap: $93 million

Expected Cap Room for Signing Free Agents, Draft Picks, and any Contract Extensions beyond Roster Bonus Restructures: $16.5 million
------------------------------------------

Your right, Danny boy must pay of the league. 
GO TERPS

PhillyPhreak54

I'd have to get some clarification on this, but I believe that the June 1st rule this year is null and void if they do not get a new CBA in place by then.

I'll check with that AdamJT13 guy. He is the net's best capologist. He also is the guy who gets about 95% of the comp pick projections right.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ah yes... keep pushing off those roster bonus for future years.  At least you won't have to worry about the salary cap room needed to sign a #1 pick, right?  So you have that going for you, which is nice.

PhillyPhreak54

They've been pushing RB's back for years now. I can't wait to see when they finally hit that cap hell from doing it so much.

Hell, the ink wasn't even dry on Trot's deal there and they had to restructure it. Same with Samuels too.

MURP

Skins still paying Trotter next year?   :-D

PoopyfaceMcGee

Plus, that's a lot of depth they're losing.  Are they counting on some combo of Brunell/Campbell to be the starting QB?  Are they really going to let Arrington walk after the beastly game he had against TB in the playoffs?

Bigskinbauer

Quote from: MURP on January 17, 2006, 02:45:26 PM
Skins still paying Trotter next year?   :-D
no everyone gets a turn.  we are paying for the dallas LBs now.  We pay 1.66 million to Mike barrow next yearl.
GO TERPS

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Bigskinbauer on January 17, 2006, 02:51:49 PM
We pay 1.66 million to Mike barrow next yearl.

Now that's funny.  Good thing you guys didn't re-sign that dead weight Antonio Pierce, btw.  He sucks.

ice grillin you

it doesnt matter who they pay and when they pay him

they ALWAYS havre the money to sign who they want when they want
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Great, they'll have plenty of room to sign Arrington after they cut him.

The man. The myth. The legend.

qwert246

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 17, 2006, 02:53:47 PMGood thing you guys didn't re-sign that dead weight Antonio Pierce, btw.  He sucks.
Lemar Marshall in the middle did just as well.  I liked Pierce, but he wanted too much money.  So be it.
When the Eagles let "one good playoffs" Burgess go it's restraint against overpaying for a player.  When the taterskins let one good year Pierce go, it's a bad move. ???