Photography Thread

Started by mussa, May 05, 2005, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

did you facebook friend me
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

I don't think anybody willingly facebook friends you.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

I hope this world will never have to suffer the spawn of you three geniuses.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

i hope i get to meet a guy named E.W.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Susquehanna Birder

Sgt PSN

gotta be eaglesfaninmd rocking his zubas.  not sure who anyone else is.

is that a tomato pie i see on the table?  :drool

Munson

I definitely saw whoever's wearing the Cunningham jersey at the game.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 22, 2009, 06:32:32 PM
gotta be eaglesfaninmd rocking his zubas.  not sure who anyone else is.

is that a tomato pie i see on the table?  :drool

You are correct...and yes! It's from Cacia's Bakery

Sgt PSN

i probably haven't had tomato pie since my last eagles home game which i believe was in 07 and i was probably too drunk to remember eating it. 

Susquehanna Birder

One of my recent prizes. It will have to wait a couple of days before I can actually drink it.

PhillyPhreak54

That is a cool story about them using your pics, Sus. Have you thought about doing that part time and making extra bank from your work?

After hearing what wedding photogs charge, I'm sure you could make a nice little side roll doing a wedding or two every couple months.

mussa

Weddings are hard. Not to say Sus couldn't do it. But typically its more than a one person job and you gotta have all kinds of equipment. very high pressure as well. id never want to do them if i was a professional.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, I've done weddings for family, and it's a LOT of pressure. And you have to think about liability, bridezillas, and stuff like that. Not a fun deal. Sure, it can pay the bills, which makes it almost worth the effort.

Product photography is where the bread and butter is at. Hook up with a company what wants to show off their stuff in a catalog or annual report, and you can make a decent living. Top it with some portraits of CEOs and the like, and you're set.

For now, I'm happy to work for beer.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, my buddy told me that his wedding photog charged them 2500. I almost choked when he said that. Good luck with this, you take really nice shots. :yay

Susquehanna Birder

That's about right. I think I dropped about $2K for my daughter's wedding shots, and I was glad to do it. I have a buddy who shoots on contract with a local photography outfit, and he makes pretty decent scratch, in the neighborhood of $500 for the day's work. And he doesn't have to worry about dealing with all the business. He shows up, takes the photos, and hands 'em over to the company. If nothing else, it helps buy him some nice gear.