The 2007 Offseason Thread

Started by The BIGSTUD, January 14, 2007, 03:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2007, 02:33:55 PM
Supposedly it automatically becomes a 4th if he gets to free agency, re-signed or not

what do you mean...i thought its a 4th right now no matter what happens....and if they resign him its a 3rd

is there more to it than that?

That's what I've always heard too, but Spadaro thinks otherwise.  I think he needs to check with his boy Heckert....

BigEd76

Magical_Retard

what about june? i don't care if we have to overpay for some LBs that might not be even amazing but we need an upgrade....someone. im sick of having a bad offense when our D was good and now having a mediocre D when our offense is pretty good.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

BigEd76

Feva

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 14, 2007, 05:20:01 PM
what about june? i don't care if we have to overpay for some LBs that might not be even amazing but we need an upgrade....someone. im sick of having a bad offense when our D was good and now having a mediocre D when our offense is pretty good.

Cato June is too small.  He's a converted safety and he'd do nothing in this defense other than get blown up in run support like he does in Indy and like Matt McCoy and Dhani Jones do/did here.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

The BIGSTUD

Thomas is a stud. I would love him, but the Eagles will probably feed us the Gocong is the next Merriman propaganda.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Don Ho

Quote from: King Cole on January 14, 2007, 06:23:02 PM
Thomas is a stud. I would love him, but the Eagles will probably feed us the Gocong is the next Merriman propaganda.

Cole I have to admit that was a good one :-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

-- Smith says he wants to sign a long-term deal here.

Quote"It'd make a nice off-season to know this is where I'm going to be, but I understand how the Eagles operate. You're not always trying to get the most, but you're trying to get a fair deal. I think that's what most football players want, in a league where you aren't guaranteed anything. You just want a fair deal. Maybe I'm not happy with it, maybe they're not happy with it, but let's just meet in the middle somewhere. That's all I'm really asking for."

-- Hood likes it here but thinks he can be a starter (and get starter money) somewhere else.

Quote"I see myself as a starter. This organization sees me as a starter. Fortunately, we have two corners in Lito and Sheldon. If other teams see me as a starter, I'll have to weigh my options. I would like to be here. I started my career here. I think this is a great team, great organization. I'm going to pray about it and let God handle it."

Munson

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 14, 2007, 10:01:11 PM
-- Hood likes it here but thinks he can be a starter (and get starter money) somewhere else.

Quote"I see myself as a starter. This organization sees me as a starter. Fortunately, we have two corners in Lito and Sheldon. If other teams see me as a starter, I'll have to weigh my options. I would like to be here. I started my career here. I think this is a great team, great organization. I'm going to pray about it and let God handle it."

So he'll go play HOF ball in Green Bay and die in 10-12 years?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

"I'm going to pray about it and let God handle it."

simp
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eaglez

I'm somewhat surprised Hood says he wants to stay considering he was shafted earlier this year in favor fo Joselio Hanson.

I'm glad Smith is optimistic, too. And that he doesn't seem to want to drag out contract negotiations.

Sgt PSN

Ok, I'm going to throw this out there for shteins and giggles just to see what everyone thinks. 

Do the Eagles use a roster spot on Detmer next year just to be the holder?  It's obvious that Dirk wasn't a great holder to begin with and Akers never seemed to comfortable with him.  Akers + Detmer = 4/4 FG. 

If that's what it takes to keep Akers between the uprights, is it worth using a roster spot on Detmer?  Do the Eagles carry 4 QB's on the roster next year?  Which leads me to.........

If the Eagles decide to keep neckbeard around simply to be the holder, which QB is likely the odd man out if they only go with 3 qb's?  Garcia or Feeley?  Would the Eagles be willing to let Garcia walk and go with Feeley to start the season if need be?  Or will they cut ties with Feeley, knowing that the young QB will certainly be picked up by another team.

hunt

if detmer is on next year's roster, i'll kill sombody.....dead.

garcia will leave, feeley will open the season as the starter until #5 is healthy & they'll either draft a qb in the middle rounds or sign some craptastic free agent to be the #3.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hunt on January 15, 2007, 09:37:58 AM
if detmer is on next year's roster, i'll kill sombody.....dead.

So, is that a "no" then?