farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Great move for the Lions, now they can take Michael Crabtree with the #1 pick.  

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

So... next time the Eagles play the Cowboys, Romo will have TO and Williams as his top targets at WR.  McNabb will be going to battle with Jackson and somebody else.

Wonderful...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

BigEd76

Schefter is now saying 1st + 3rd + 6th

dis12

QuoteThe Dallas Cowboys are close to a deal to acquire wide receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions, a source told ESPN.com Tuesday. The trade would involve multiple draft picks but would not involve the Cowboys' first-round pick.

The Cowboys are also trying to negotitate a long-term deal with Williams before completing the deal. Williams has expressed unhappiness playing for the winless Lions and can become a free agent after the season unless the team places the franchise tag on him.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes Williams is a game-breaker who provides an immediate boost to a faltering offense without quarterback Tony Romo and views him as a potential long-term solution as the eventual replacement for aging Terrell Owens, according to another high-ranking Cowboys source.

The source said the Cowboys are willing to make the deal, but the Lions seem hesitant because they are operating without a general manager. Former GM Matt Millen had discussed the possibility of trading Williams with the Cowboys frequently before he was fired.

The Lions had been demanding a first-round draft choice just to consider a deal. The Cowboys could offer a second- and third-round pick, since they have multiple choices in the third round.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen, attending the meeting of league owners, reported that the Cowboys' NFC East rivals the Philadelphia Eagles have also made inquiries about Williams' availability. However, Philadelphia is believed to be more interested in Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez. The New York Giants and Green Bay Packers are also pursuing a deal with the Chiefs.

However, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith on Tuesday that it appeared very unlikely Gonzalez would be traded.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads

Wingspan

I bet 1 if not two of those #2 picks is traded to the eagles for Lito Sheppard
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

QuoteThe Cowboys will give up a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in '09.

Doode's a stud.  The Eagles could have matched that easily but I'm pretty sure Williams wanted to go to Dallas and likely wouldn't have agreed to a long term deal in Philly anyway.

Still - gotta hand it to the Cowboys here.  It's a lot to give up but it could pay off huge.

Feva

Quote from: Rome on October 14, 2008, 04:47:25 PM
Still - gotta hand it to the Cowboys here.  It's a lot to give up but it could pay off huge.

Knowing that the Eagles could be lurking... you gotta do what it takes to get him away from a div. rival.  Beats playing against him.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

shorebird

Diomedes

This makes me angry.  WTF can't the Eagles get us a god damn WR or TE worth watching?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Magical_Retard

mcnabb should be demanding a trade like right now.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Bandwagoners. I was on the trade Westbrook train last week.

The man. The myth. The legend.