Ex-Eagles In The NFL

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 03, 2017, 09:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 14, 2022, 09:14:08 PM
Doug is apparently the betting odds fave to land the Giants job

No plz

You don't want a division rival to get a zesty coach?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

doug has been in charge of an offense for 5 years and 4 of them the offense stunk
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

No I don't want Doug in the division.

SD

Guy made the playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons and beat Brady/Belicheck in the sb with a backup qb and still can't get any respect. Maybe this is just a Philly hate thing I just don't get

General_Failure

His only flaw was doubling down on bad assistants. This isn't exactly asking for Rich Kotite to get a second look.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

2 of those years they backed in and 1 was directly via a monstrously bad division...his non 2017 playoff win was via a missed fg

hes not joe judge but hes got 5 years as a HC and theres 1 massive outlier in there. guess which year
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Guy only won one Super Bowl. What a bum.

MDS

so did mike mccarthy

doug/nick beating bb/brady will never make sense and there is no sense in pretending it did

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 15, 2022, 05:36:51 PM
so did mike mccarthy

doug/nick beating bb/brady will never make sense and there is no sense in pretending it did

Awful comparison

McCarthy had Favre in his prime

Doug had Foles

MDS

rodgers not favre but yes

if doug were such a good coach he wouldnt have had 4/5 seasons with mediocre to bad offenses. and gotten fired. he really should be a CEO type coach that lets other people call plays

PhillyPhreak54

Doug will never catch flak from me. He won us a SB.

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 15, 2022, 06:18:00 PM
rodgers not favre but yes

if doug were such a good coach he wouldnt have had 4/5 seasons with mediocre to bad offenses. and gotten fired. he really should be a CEO type coach that lets other people call plays

And Rodgers is better than Favre

His offenses were average talent wise and he never had a great defense to bail him out yet he still made the playoffs 2 more times. You obviously have issues with the guy I just don't get it. He won a super bowl against Brady with a backup qb. Then made the playoffs two more seasons with a shtein ton of injuries. If I asked you when he was hired: "he wins a super bowl and makes the playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons would you say he was a good coach"..,you'd first tell me to stop smoking crack then say if that impossible scenario happened 'Yes'.

MDS

hes not a bad coach hes just not a good one...not a hot take

Eagaholic

Didn't realize Kenjon Barner was still kicking around the league. Looks like the Bucs are bringing him up from the PS with Fournette out. Maybe he'll play and cough one up for Philly.

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 15, 2022, 07:31:35 PM
hes not a bad coach hes just not a good one...not a hot take

Who's a good coach then?
Belichek sure but he also had Brady
Tomlin although his success followed Roethlisberger's ups and downs
Reid...sure
Mcvay hasn't won shtein
Payton only win 1 with Brees

I'm not saying Doug's all time great but he's definitely in the good category.