Happy Birthday SD Eagle and welcome back to Philly!

Started by PhillyGirl, December 10, 2005, 06:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchBird

You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

rjs246

Hooray for outspoken Star Wars nerds (keeping the rest of us Star Wars and Lord of the Rings nerds in relative anonymity).
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on December 12, 2005, 06:20:27 PM
Hooray for outspoken Star Wars nerds (keeping the rest of us Star Wars and Lord of the Rings nerds in relative anonymity).

D&D dork.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

D&D is where I draw the line. Even I can make fun of those freaks. Oh yeah and Magic the Gathering. Talk about a human bonfire waiting to happen.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on December 12, 2005, 06:23:46 PM
D&D is where I draw the line. Even I can make fun of those freaks. Oh yeah and Magic the Gathering. Talk about a human bonfire waiting to happen.

See, I don't even know what the farg that is. LOL
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 12, 2005, 06:24:33 PM

See, I don't even know what the farg that is. LOL

Ask your loser younger cousins/nephews/nieces. You know which ones I'm talking about.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Actually, I have an older one who was a D&D dork.

Not sure if you've seen any of the "I love the 80s" shows on VH1, but they did a really funny thing on D&D dorks on one of the years. LOL

SD_Eagle5

There were a bunch of D&D and Magic dorks on my ship. They were mostly reactor guys who would sit in the lounge all night playing it on their laptops. A couple of them had this huge scary book with spells or some shtein in it. I used to rip on them to make my self feel better about being a 30 year old SW geek.  :P

Lord of the Rings kicks ass but I'm a much bigger fan of the books than I was the movies, not that they aren't great.

rjs246

Quote from: SD_Eagle on December 12, 2005, 06:47:01 PM
Lord of the Rings kicks ass but I'm a much bigger fan of the books than I was the movies, not that they aren't great.

I agree but I will gladly spend an afternoon drinking heavily and watching any of the movies.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on December 12, 2005, 06:51:05 PM

I agree but I will gladly spend an afternoon drinking heavily and watching any of the movies.

I have all the extended versions, they're a lot closer to the book and worth checking out if you haven't seen them

rjs246

Quote from: SD_Eagle on December 12, 2005, 06:55:35 PM

I have all the extended versions, they're a lot closer to the book and worth checking out if you haven't seen them

Dude, I have all three extended versions as well. Never thought I'd see a movie with deleted scenes that actually made the movie better. Too bad you have to invest a full farging day to watch them. I wonder if anyone has bothered to hit the quote button on these things to read what we're writing. Suckers.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on December 12, 2005, 07:03:49 PM

Dude, I have all three extended versions as well. Never thought I'd see a movie with deleted scenes that actually made the movie better. Too bad you have to invest a full farging day to watch them. I wonder if anyone has bothered to hit the quote button on these things to read what we're writing. Suckers.

I'm sure PG has because she started this thread. GF would be a good guess too since he's nosey. I'm guessing MDS, Sarge, FF and a few others will so they can rip on us.

QB Eagles

Quote from: rjs246 on December 12, 2005, 07:03:49 PM

No need, my Mac browser doesn't render the font all that small. You fargin' nerds.

General_Failure

Control + scroll button on the mouse. Who needs to quote to read anything?

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Quote from: General_Failure on December 12, 2005, 07:17:17 PM
Control + scroll button on the mouse. Who needs to quote to read anything?

OK, so first of all I had no idea you could do that. Second, on my monitor it still doesn't get big enough to read. And third, you're a nerd too, nerd.

Let them eat bootstraps.