The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on July 26, 2023, 09:23:13 AMNow's no time to talk about the weather, there's drag queens teaching kids how to crank trans hogs with bud lite lube.

lolol

that and book banning

Diomedes

I'm working outside lately.  We've been spared the worst of this heat but tomorrow will be very near triple digits.  There's nothing to do about it.  Show up as early as you can, quit when you've had enough.  Jobs take longer, cost more. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Sounds like the client needs to buckle down, get a real job, and stop eating avocado toast.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Indoor physical labor is immensely satisfying. Outdoor physical labor seems like hell to me. Nature constantly showing up to crank up the difficulty level. Still better than interacting with the public though.

Diomedes

I called it over at 2:30.  By then I was starting to stumble and trip a bit, starting to get frustrated and a little sloppy.  Signs of being overheated.  On the one hand I hate it because I want to get more done, etc.  On the other hand, I dug post holes, set posts, mixed an poured concrete in 100 degree heat.  I did ok.  Tomorrow is another day, another roaster, but a few more posts, and progress all the same.  Eventually I'll finish and the client is delighted to have me regardless of the cost.  Her neighbors can't get anyone decent to show up at all, they complain.  I turn them down; this client is special, only a few I'll drive two hours a day for.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Keep your fluids up. Heat exhaustion and heat stroke ain't nothin to farg with.

Pedialyte or any electrolyte drinks will help.

General_Failure

When I was in Florida, I made the mistake of doing yardwork when it was 100 out. I was expecting it to be 90 and was struggling to get done half of what I normally did.

PhillyPhreak54

Holy shtein. Don are you and your people good?

https://twitter.com/wxnb_/status/1689384898958917633 46&t=Uib2YOn6CJgx-z2RaE9o7Q

Rome

Pretty sure that belongs in the climate change is real thread.

Heat index today in lovely east central hell is forecast to be 108 degrees.

Geowhizzer

My area is 117 today.  And we're still in a drought three months into wet season.

Florida is going to burn this winter...

PhillyPhreak54

Texas is going to get fired up too.

Hate this shtein

General_Failure

We got regular tornado warnings here in central PA now. It's really great.

MDS

oh no, texas and florida

what ever will we do without them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Lots of Jews here in Florida.  Most of them aren't here this time of year, so they've got that going for themselves, which is nice.

Diomedes

They're accustomed to high temps.