A New Politics Thread

Started by Diomedes, July 08, 2022, 06:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I'm glad we learned nothing from those decades of the war on terror.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on December 17, 2023, 08:49:09 PMdont kill the innocent nazis! theres so many innocent people in germany

So yes, you're good with just nuking Gaza, got it thanks bye.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

we decapitate and do business with whatever is left

- phil leotardo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Anyone listened to Reiner's Who Killed JFK podcast?

I'm on episode 1 and its been pretty solid.

Munson

Quote from: General_Failure on December 17, 2023, 10:43:40 PMI'm glad we learned nothing from those decades of the war on terror.

That's been my biggest takeaway from this so far. The world watched us farg up our response to 9/11 in epic ways, and instead of learning from it, Israel has basically been on a speed run of all of the US's biggest mistakes in Afghanistan and Iraq. Took us a couple years to do some of the things they're doing (or maybe it just took us a couple of years for the media to actually report on it)
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I don't think any of the interested parties have a real incentive to "learn" anything.  The leaders of Israel and Hamas alike are simply making hay while the sun shines on the farm of misery they till together.  Hamas' attack was as predictable as sunrise, as has been Israel's response.  Each group of leaders gaining exactly what they want.  May they all rot in hell together.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

"the leaders of hamas"

genocidal terrorist barbarians have leaders?!? better negotiate with bin laden next!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 21, 2023, 08:13:59 PM"the leaders of hamas"

genocidal terrorist barbarians have leaders?!? better negotiate with bin laden next!

Bibi is not just a leader but a prime farging minister so yes they do
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

after the IDF is done eliminating good for nothing palestinians from the world, they can come for you next

Rome

Netanyahu is what Trump would be in any military situation.  If that isn't enough for you to vote for Biden, I'm not sure what it would take to convince you. 

That said, I still support Jews everywhere even if their homeland's designated idiot is a bumbling monster. 

Rome

Marge Greene was swatted on Xmas.  Such a shame when good people like her are harassed.  You know, like when she openly harassed a teenaged victim of gun violence in David Hogg or AOC outside her own congressional office.

Karma truly is a bitch. 

Munson

Been good to see two states step up and do what has to be done regarding Trump and the insurrection, even if it won't matter much
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

It's not hyperbole to talk about the death of American democracy.

I think we have bad times ahead, wouldn't bet on the Republic surviving.

Eagaholic

Eagaholic

QuoteUS intelligence says China's military purge stemmed from serious equipment issues, per Bloomberg.
Examples of these include missiles that had been filled with water instead of fuel.
The problems are a blow to Xi Jinping's focus on the Rocket Force, China's main nuclear arm.
So communism can be bad, too. Who knew?