Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696090391&sk=wall

Supposedly, this is the guy's facebook page.  He seems like a winner. 

Rome

Nice to see the national media furiously jerking off to this story.

Seabiscuit36

yep, gotta love it.  I had 5 different groups of friends who went up to the game and they all said that the Ranger fans were about as bad as you could be in a philly setting.  They were looking for fights. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i was at the game and i saw no ignorance from either side....it was a very festive atmosphere like a big carnival...especially compared to a game at the wock
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

So he basically got fired because he likes getting laid. Guess I should file my unemployment  claim right now.

General_Failure

No, the military is all about farging. Banging a native American should probably get you promoted.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

It isn't and I'm likely being forced out in April for getting passed over too much.

Diomedes

They don't want you to make retirement, huh?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I'm sure you'll start getting calls from headhunters working for other militarys.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on January 10, 2012, 09:12:48 PM
They don't want you to make retirement, huh?

Not me specifically, but in a round about way, yes.  I think I posted about this somewhere else, but about a month or so before I tried reenlisting, new policy came out that said that Staff Sergeants who have been passed over twice for promotion were no longer guaranteed reenlistment.   I've been twice passed for promotion, mostly because my job field has only promoted 3 people in the last 4 years.  I've got about 50 or so guys I'm competing with for promotion and the ones who have been promoted have all had seniority on me.  So I didn't get passed due to poor performance, I'm just not as experienced as the more senior guys.  Anyway, the Marine Corps added nearly 40k troops during the last 7 years to fight in Iraq.  Now that it's over, it's time to cut numbers and that always starts at the top and works it's way down.  I'll most likely be out in April.....which really sucks because I'll be at 16.5 years of active service and the 18 year mark is considered sanctuary which means that anyone with 18 years has to be retained until they hit 20 to retire.  So I'll be 18 months short.  So close, yet so far...

Diomedes

That just makes no goddamn sense.  So now you'll get kicked to the curb, with no f'n jobs available, and you won't get dick all for the years you served.

Yay military.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 11, 2012, 01:01:59 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news%2Fcrime&id=8498642

A lot of parents struggle with helping their kids learn how to stand up to bullies at school. But it takes a special kind of parent to lure all of the 14 year-old bullies into an ambush and shoot them to death.