A thread to talk about poker

Started by rjs246, November 03, 2005, 10:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wingspan

came in 3rd at a 50 person tourney last night online. won $100 for it. i shoulda been knocked out in 5th place. but i gave a guy a bad beat pulling a 3rd 4 on the river after pushing all in vs his 10's.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phattymatty

Quote from: rjs246 on March 24, 2006, 08:09:28 AM
Holy shtein. Down about $150 last night so I left. Got a message at about 12:30 that I didn't check until this morning. Turns out the room I go to was robbed by some douche last night. Dude came in with a billy club (what?) and a piece that may or may not have been real and made off with several grand. A bunch of dudes must have lost a lot of money. farged up.

damn that sucks, it was bound to happen though, once a few dudes start losing money and getting angry they tend to become a little more loose lipped about shtein like that.  several high stakes games down here have been robbed in the last few weeks, and usually the word gets out because someone's wife or girlfriend finds out about all the money their losing and tells friends and then it eventually spreads to shady people.  was there no security before this?

rjs246

They JUST put in an automatic lock system this week. But they didn't have any muscle and they didn't even have a peep hole on the door so I guess you could say the lock system had a few loopholes.

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Also, I got some more details this morning.

Dude came in with a pillow case with eyeholes on a billy club and a pistol with the godfather 2 style towel silencer. He rapped the owner (dude in his 20s who actually just qualified for the televised Boston vs New York Poker Challenge) in the face with the billy club and cleaned out the money box. Had everyone empty thier wallets onto the tables and get on the floor. Some dude had just cashed out for $1500. farging intense.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

<knocking on door>

"Who is it?"

"It's a bunch of goons here to threaten you with blunt force trauma and steal your money!"

"What?  I'm not letting you in!"

"Uh... candygram?"

"Oh, nice... <unlocking door>  Come on... AGGGHGHGHHHHH!!!!"

rjs246

That's two SNL references in the past 10 posts...

Let them eat bootstraps.

Father Demon

rjs...   not sure if you have, want, or need a guard, but I found these on ebay in case you do....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

rjs246

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on March 24, 2006, 10:23:44 PM
rjs... not sure if you have, want, or need a guard, but I found these on ebay in case you do....

That's rather awesome. I may actually buy one.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Father Demon

Quote from: rjs246 on March 25, 2006, 10:22:43 AM
Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on March 24, 2006, 10:23:44 PM
rjs... not sure if you have, want, or need a guard, but I found these on ebay in case you do....

That's rather awesome. I may actually buy one.

I did last night    :yay
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, I played in a home game one night with some punks from NCSU, organized by this kid named Jon Turner.  It was only a $25 buy-in, 12-person tourney... no big deal at all.  I finished 3rd and won my money back, but I thought most of the kids were clowns, so I didn't go back.  Well, that same kid either graduated or dropped out and is now playing professionally in Vegas.  He's currently sitting 38th in chips at the WPT Bellagio 5-Star World Classic.

I knocked him out of said tournament, too.  So, if he ever wins anything big, I'll have more undeniable proof of my severe awesomeness overload.

General_Failure

I got an email from Mark "Big Daddy" Hanna a few weeks ago. Apparently he loved the article I did on him when I was a poker blogger.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Why didn't you hold on to that gig?

General_Failure

I don't know shtein about poker, so they fired me after a few weeks.

The man. The myth. The legend.