Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

what an absolute organizational failure. literally moved heaven and earth to get this guy, make him happy, give him a huge contract and then they have to ship him off for a 3rd like a year later

with that said, the eagles are going to stink next year so rooting against the colts and watching carson's snap % is going to be the thing. there is a scenario where they wind up with a mid-tier 1 (carson is average, colts win like 8 games) or a high 2 (carson stinks/gets hurt and you feel justified in trading him). if hes great and its a low 1....i guess thats better than the 2 but you will be bitter.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I'm glad this part is over.

I wonder out Alshonymous is feeling.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

PhillyPhreak54

I hope he farging sucks. I will be actively rooting against him. Just play the full season to get the 1st rounder and then farg off, loser.

QB Eagles

If he doesn't suck he shouldn't have been traded, it's that simple.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 18, 2021, 12:45:03 PM
I hope he farging sucks. I will be actively rooting against him. Just play the full season to get the 1st rounder and then farg off, loser.

he needs to be mediocre

if hes terrible and theyre 4-9 theyll just make up an injury and bench him to keep the 1. they need to be like 7-9 or something and "in" the playoff race until week 16 so he hits the snap % threshold. best case scenario is around 15.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

to me the blame on howie is not the situation at large thats all on wentz...or the return he got because the market was truly shtein...where howie farged up is trading him at all...presumably because he thinks they will contend next year and wentz would have been a distraction

let that punk sit out and not get paid or let him play and get his groove back or let him play and destroy the team and locker room so you potentially get the number one overall pick which is better than anything they will get out of this deal

i just dont understand the thinking that you HAD to trade him cause he was unhappy...that makes no sense to me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: MDS on February 18, 2021, 12:52:48 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 18, 2021, 12:45:03 PM

he needs to be mediocre

If he makes it to mediocre then Reich should automatically win coach of the year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 18, 2021, 12:50:04 PM
If he doesn't suck he shouldn't have been traded, it's that simple.

I get what you're saying, but:

If he doesn't suck, that's not necessarily evidence that he would have rebounded in Philly.  I have a hard time seeing him come back to Philly after the position he took and somehow turn it around...once he moped out of Philly, even before the team was openly attempting to trade him...I question whether it was ever possible for him to remain/return, and succeed.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 18, 2021, 12:53:01 PM
you potentially get the number one overall picke

what if i told you the eagles were going to be horrendous and could get the 1 without wentz

General_Failure

to me the blame on howie is not the situation at large thats all on wentz...or the return he got because the market was truly shtein...where howie farged up is trading him at all...presumably because he thinks they will contend next year and wentz would have been a distraction

The last five years of bad drafts are on Howie. We can only hope someone else gets to make use of that extra pick next year and that he doesn't trade it for a backup TE or something.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

i just dont understand the thinking that you HAD to trade him cause he was unhappy...that makes no sense to me

100%. You only trade him now if you're convinced he'd cooked and will be worth even less next year. They are still paying like $34 million in dead money for him this season, so Wentz hurts them whether he's playing badly on the team or playing somewhere else. Only way there would have been a good outcome was to keep Wentz and have him play up to his contract. Now they've ruled that out.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 18, 2021, 12:56:24 PM
you potentially get the number one overall picke

what if i told you the eagles were going to be horrendous and could get the 1 without wentz

sure but having a farged up situation with wentz that blows the whole thing up is much better than the team rallying around hurts for five or six wins

MDS

if hurts plays like he did last year they winnin 5 or 6

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 18, 2021, 12:59:24 PM
if hurts plays like he did last year they winnin 5 or 6

im not even a hurtz guy but if they get the number one overall pick (1-3 wins) it will be because this coaching staff is as horrific as it looks on paper...it wont be because of hurtz