DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Nah he probably was difficult at times. The issue is that many players exhibit those diva type issues. Good coaches and management can handle that and funnel it away from team distractions.

I keep going back to the Evan Mathis thing. If that hadn't come out that he asked for a raise and Howie's response was "go find another team" then mayyyyyybe I put more credence towards Jackson being deservedly cut.

But that shows me that they aren't even trying. Make any fuss? Bye.

smeags

so if a player is just too much of dickhead its the team's fault ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on April 04, 2014, 04:11:00 PM
so if a player is just too much of dickhead its the team's fault ?

gold standard
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

If these guys want to have every player in line...they should become military officers. Granted, insubordination is nothing to put up with, but everything else should be easy to deal with. If he's that bad in the locker room, suspend him. You talk shtein? suspend him for a game without pay. Send a message that way. Don't use all this other stuff as an excuse to hide the fact that you no longer wanted to pay for him.

I don't believe the locker room attitude was a problem. I think it is evident that the Eagles sent him off for rocking the boat. Is it a coincidence that now no player will speak out one way or another? It's weird to me no one has said anything. I'm sure that has come from above.

Unless the Eagles are successful on the field, this situation might drive home that the Philadelphia Eagles is not a place you really want to play in.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

If the story is true they did the right thing.

Good order and discipline is essential to any enterprise, but especially a pro football team.

If it's not then the Eagles are foolish.  Nothing more nothing less.

JackStraw

so i guess in sum, we are in the early-andy "george-hegamin-on-the-sled" phase of the coaching cycle. later in spin cycle when it's his guy, then its on to the late-andy allowable-behavior incrementalism allowable under "passion" and "swagger"....you know...chest bumps on the sideline n shtein

rinse and repeat
Endless regression to the mean

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 04, 2014, 04:18:45 PM
Good order and discipline is essential to any enterprise, but especially a pro football team.

except the seahawks the last couple of years who had multiple steroid and drug abusers and a locker room that was pretty much known to be the wild west

cowboys dynasty was all choir boys too
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Diomedes

This dude isn't an Eagle anymore.  If I had mod duties, I'd merge this circlejerk with the taterskins thread.  Well, first I'd ban some of you.  After that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

JackStraw

id vote for the "self-inflicted CTE"  thread
Endless regression to the mean

Rome

hbionic

I'm at peace with the release. It's unfortunate things couldn't have worked out. What happened, happened. Right or wrong, we have to hope this works out for the best. Eagles FO are always going to be a bunch of funholes, but I hope this team doesn't regress. They have a bright future.

Time to move on for me. Time to get my McCoy Jersey.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

Quote from: hbionic on April 04, 2014, 05:08:47 PM
Time to move on for me. Time to get my McCoy Jersey.

Player jerseys are just a bad investment. I mean, why? I have a jersey with my name on it, because if I do something to embarrass myself, so be it. I don't want to represent a player. Maybe a retired player, or one you REALLY identify with, maybe. Too many of them are douchbags, and even the "good" ones you can't be sure how long they'll stick.

I've had player jerseys before, but they've just lost their allure. If I had to get one now, I'd still probably only get a Dawkins jersey, or something like that.

shorebird

He's a pro-bowl receiver in his prime coming off his best season, and he's cut. Let go. If he was that big a problem for the team you would think he'd have been punished at some point. Fined or suspended and it'd be public knowledge. He never trashed his qb/teammates or coaches. Never said anything detrimental towards the team publicly that I remember except maybe about his contract. As it looks now he was let go and the Eagles get nothing. All this speculation is bullshtein. He was one hell of a player and now he's with the motherfarging taterskins and will come back to burn the Eagles asses twice a year for who knows how long. With RGIII's arm he'll torch the clusterfarg that is the Eagles secondary. I can't wait to see the look on Kelley's farging face when that shtein goes down.