Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I've driven Hondas for 30 yrs.  I didn't want this car but for basically free I couldn't turn it down.

Diomedes

It'll fit right in at the golf club.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Ha!  Not the one I play at.

Poor municipal workers there.

PhillyPhreak54

Look at the big Benz on Mr Moneybags here!

Tomahawk

A guy I work with just paid about $7,500 for a 2005 E Class, but a 500 Series..apparently his v12 amg version will do the 1/4 mile in the low 12 seconds which is about as quick as a Dodge Viper. Go fast with class, Rome!

Rome

My brake lights were stuck on.  Fixed that issue in 20 minutes thanks to YouTube.  Still trying to figure out what's up with the cruise control.  It works and then it doesn't.  It's obviously a wire that's burned out somewhere, but I don't have time to farg with it.  My buddy has a mechanic here who doesn't charge ten gazillion dollars to work on these things, so Monday it's going in for a total look-over.   Just in case.

Tomahawk

I wish I made a gazillion dollars an hour instead of just acting like I do...last haircut, I paid an extra $15 to have my nose hairs waxed

General_Failure

Just rip that shtein out yourself you big baby.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Tomahawk

Dunno...didn't ask if the wax was imported or domestic.

General_Failure

You didn't think it was any of your bees wax?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

Even though the cross-member could not be removed because the exhaust was welded, instead of clamped, getting the transmission out was easy...just let the farger fall forward. Getting the rebuilt one back in was luck, I think. One pound heavier and I don't think I could have wrestled it onto the jack while it was under the car.

Diomedes

helpful site.

http://pure-gas.org/

if you have a chainsaw, a weed wacker, a generator, a boat, or any other motor that doesn't run often enough to always have fresh gas in it...don't bother with the aftermarket stabilizers..just buy gas that doesn't have ethanol in it
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

The cruise control works now.  I replaced a brake bulb and the fuse after I did the brake switch and it works like a charm.

Also - I keep getting conflicting advice about oil changes on this car and its first one is rapidly approaching.  The guy I bought the car insists that using standard oil is the way to go, yet I read elsewhere that synthetic oil is preferable.   The farging thing takes 8 quarts of oil too.  Ouch.

PS: @ Dio... Wawas sell ethanol-free gas but Jesus it's expensive.  It's worth it, though.

Diomedes

That car will run fine on standard oil.  You're not racing the goddamn thing.

re: Wawa's...maybe that's true elsewhere, but they don't in MD.