What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillen

..... well that's pretty bad. They're pieces of shtein, yeah, but I'm still into it. Whatever. Same deal w/ POS athletes who are on our favorite teams I guess

General_Failure

You stole it, too, so you might as well enjoy it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Dillen

I'll be damned if I pay for the music of thieves

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dillen on July 18, 2014, 10:33:11 PM
They're pieces of shtein, yeah, but I'm still into it.

thats pretty much how we operate
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Diomedes

waah...the hip hoppers stole from the derivative rock band stole from the derivative blues musician who stole from some derivative plantation song which stole from some tribal ceremonial hymns
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 19, 2014, 07:00:00 AM
waah...the hip hoppers stole from the derivative rock band stole from the derivative blues musician who stole from some derivative plantation song which stole from some tribal ceremonial hymns

hip hop doesnt steal....they 100% acknowledge that the music's foundation comes from sampling music that came before them....this is no secret...and in turn they had to pay to do it...in most cases they had to pay in unreasonable amounts....

and if they didn't pay they got their asses sued off

funny how when white people like led zeppelin stole music they werent held to this same high standard...instead they are looked at as musical gods

Geowhizzer

Rome

...so I was banging Michelle back in Chicago and Houses of the Holy comes on...

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2014, 09:31:52 AM
hip hop doesnt steal...

you post some unbelievable nonsense here but jesus farging christ on a cracker, igy...

seriously, you outdid yourself here and that's saying something.

ice grillin you

speaking of crackers....

look at the liner notes of 99% of hip-hop albums from back in the day and you will see something like this....

(name of rap song) contains a sample from "For the Love of You" as recorded by the Isley Brothers used by permission and under license by the Sony Music Corporation

how the farg is that by any definition stealing?

jesus farg i hate old white people

Rome

LOL

Rapper's Delight... straight stole "Good Times" by Chic.  Pretty much out and out thievery from the get-go, so much so, in fact, that the writers of the song sample (Nile Rodgers & Bernard Edwards) threatened legal action if they didn't get paid and credited with co-writing the song.  That set the precedent.

And there's nothing wrong with that either.

ice grillin you

yeah a few groups have been sued....thats the whole farging point

but even the few that have been never tried to pretend that they weren't using other peoples music....nothing was ever hidden....its always been an ode to the people who came before them

that's what hip-hop is.....sampling other peoples music....this is not a secret

zeppelin tried to pretend their music was their own and never paid a dime to anyone

i wonder why?

it wasn't until young black people started doing it that white people got in an uproar....first they tried to kill the genre....then when they couldn't do that they took it over and bastichized it

welcome to the history of black music

Rome

PhillyPhreak54