What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Are all those tracks from the same show?  Or different shows compiled to make the "album?"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

the latter

i spent like three years goin thru hundreds of hours of bruce bootlegs and made a "live album" of each of his records by finding what i thought was the definitive live performance of each track
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

That is impressive.  I had no idea your Bruce fanboydom ran so deep.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

yeah ive seen him 70+ times since the bitusa tour

whats awesome is that he does so much acoustic stuff (including two full acoustic tours) that you can also...save a few songs here and there...make an acoustic live version of every one of his albums

SD

I was never into Pink Floyd, they have a couple of decent songs but overall I always found them bland. But the Wall is one of my all time favorite songs. I remember listening to it on a record player when I was young and it's still great today. That song is a master piece.

Puscifer redid Bohemian Rhapsody. It's ok but pales in comparison to Queen's version. Freddie Mercury could rock out some vocals.

Diomedes

"Meddle" is one of my favorite albums of any band, any era. 

Enthvor

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2013, 12:43:17 PM
yeah ive seen him 70+ times since the bitusa tour

whats awesome is that he does so much acoustic speakers for sale stuff (including two full acoustic tours) that you can also...save a few songs here and there...make an acoustic live version of every one of his albums

I have never seen it once but the music is awesome. I love to hear albums again and again.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

Diomedes

ice grillin you

yeah thats the shtein

i like 'thats my number' even better

General_Failure

Finally got around to picking up Earth Rocker by Clutch. Pretty much what you'd expect from them. A couple of songs about robots or other nerd shtein, one shamelessly strolen blues song, and still categorized as metal.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the album art, though.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

just discovered Rachael Price, and her band Lake Street Dive

http://youtu.be/Gm9Rko4ZIyo