What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Zanshin on November 12, 2008, 08:42:36 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on November 12, 2008, 08:12:07 AM
You're very uncool.

Not much doubt about it. Don't care. I'd also posit that trying too hard to be cool is far worse than being uncool.

See, there you're wrong again.  Witness vigy, coolest of the cool.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

Seabiscuit36

I hate the changes to Sirius, they got rid of BACKSPIN
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hunt

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 12, 2008, 02:12:48 PM
I hate the changes to Sirius, they got rid of BACKSPIN

what!
that farging sucks!  that's all i listen to besides stern.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Seabiscuit36

XM The Rhyme is also gone from XM, so that means no Old School rap at all, just HipHipNation which is stupid shtein from Power99 with the same zesty hooks over and over again

Lean Back.....into a smoldering Fire

Sirius is trading at .23 cents, they might fold
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hunt

hip hop nation is horrible...and shade 45 is almost as bad.  i'll be calling & emailing them to complain, but i'm sure it won't do any good.
once stern is done with sirius, so am i.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Seabiscuit36

I would email them, except im not technically a customer, i just borry my buddie subscription for online. 

mussa

Quote from: Diomedes on November 12, 2008, 06:59:54 AM
A tip for you mussa: Rush is the kind of band that it's okay to like, I suppose, but it is def. not okay to tell people you like.  Other bands that fall squarely in this group are Meatloaf, Counting Crows, Dave Matthews Band, Live, and the Decembrists, to name a few.

You're welcome.

How the hell do you put Rush with that list of bands. im curious just explain this too me. All the bands you named never really created a sound that wasn't already created. Rush sounds like nobody before them and for a 3 piece band put out some heavy ass music. Not to mention all 3 members are amazing musicians. Yea the lead singer has a womans voice, but I'm not about lyrics with them, its musically they are killer. I consider Rush to be the founders of progressive rock.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

General_Failure

I never enjoyed Rush. I put them in the same group with the likes of Van Halen, Linkin Park, and new Metallica, which I've decided to call "Do I really need to hear this shtein for the fiftieth time today?"

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

My college roomate was really into Rush.  I just never saw the point.  Tom Sawyer's OK, but nothing that knocks my socks off.

Phanatic

I've been a closet Rush fan for years and years. I dragged some friends of mine to the Snakes and Arrows tour last year and while they weren't into it they were very impressed with the musicianship and actually liked the concert.

Tom Sawyer is a commercial pile of crap but it works for them. They sometimes try a song like that at the start of an album. Spirit of Radio, Subdivisions etc.

I've never been about the lyrics and singing as much as the music, changes, and rythm. Always like their rock instrumentals the best. Their a bit of a music nerd band though. Something entirely different then "Counting Crows" or "Dave Matthews" crap but still crap in their own way. One mans crap is another mans butta...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

mussa

there are not many bands out there that can jam for 21 minutes straight live, let alone record it. they have some epic stuff.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Father Demon

Quote from: Phanatic on November 13, 2008, 11:47:34 AM
I've been a closet Rush fan for years and years.

Liar.  There is nothing "closet" about your Rush fandom   :-D
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Phanatic

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!