What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Hey, guys...

I wanted to stop in tonight and let you know I saw Wolfmother tonight in Orlando @ HOB.

They were absolutely incredible.  It's one of those experiences that you talk about years in the future when you say, "Before Wolfmother started playing arenas and stadiums, I saw them play at..."

They played the first half of the album, then they mixed in some new tunes and covers before ending the show with encores, etc.

I'm not kidding here, if you get the chance to check them out, do so.

Fricken awesome in every sense of the word.   :yay

Sgt PSN

I've never heard of them.  But rather than wasting a few bucks on tickets right now I think I'll wait until they *potentially* make it big, sell out and conform to music trends and over charge for concert tickets.  Then I'll refer to your post and recall the good ol' days when they just rocked out in clubs and auditoriums. 

So thanks in advance for the great memory. 

mussa

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers  :yay :yay
TOOL - AEnima classic. have no stop listening to it since the concert
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

General_Failure

I've got Pandora going today, and the last bunch of songs its played are

Faith No More - Evidence
Frost - Sign of the Gypsy Queen
Kottak - Pink/Soft
The Hidden Hand - Devoid of Color
Rob Zombie - Foxy Foxy

The man. The myth. The legend.

MURP

Iron Maiden- A matter of life and death
Sodom- Till Death Do Us Unite
Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side
The Bezerker- Dissimulate

Diomedes

Do you two listen to anything other than metal?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

sure.  I've listed some throughout the thread.   :deion   but overall, metal is the choice.  id say 90% metal, 10% jazz, reggae, classic rock, pop etc.

Diomedes

Sorry, I didn't go back to check up on anything you mentioned before.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Anyone ever hear The Apex Theory? I just discovered them and love some of their music.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

Quote from: mussa on October 10, 2006, 05:02:42 PM
Anyone ever hear The Apex Theory? I just discovered them and love some of their music.

check out their video's, some of the best around. 

mussa

Zanshin

Looking to change up the tunes for the gym.  Any album suggestions?  I'm looking for stuff with an edge, but with some lyrical substance. 

mussa

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on October 03, 2006, 12:40:05 PM
TOOL - AEnima classic. have no stop listening to it since the concert

Same here, been listening to it when I lift too.

Dug out some of my old Punk Rock Cds (Vandals, Descedants, Circle Jerks, Suicidal Tendencies, Minor Threat) so I could burn them onto my iPOD. Old school punk is my core.

rjs246

Had no idea you were into punk. Those are some classic groups right there. Suicidal Tendencies and Minor Threat are two of my oldest favorites.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.