Freddie Mitchell about to be cut

Started by bowzer, August 16, 2005, 05:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

How many sign Freddie threads are on the kffl and emb boards?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Quote from: Monster on September 01, 2005, 09:14:12 PM
I kinda miss his antics, and his random call-ins to WIP.

It's a shame he never got the urge to ... oh, let's say randomly fulfill his obligations.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 02, 2005, 12:00:19 AM
How many sign Freddie threads are on the kffl and emb boards?

Way to goddamn many.

And Larry..you're almost right. But it wouldn't be signing a contract to not talk. It would be having the option of going to the hospital to have his voicebox surgically removed or having Donovan crush it with his fist for Freddie calling him a motherfarger.

MURP

I hope that POS never plays another down in the NFL. 

PhillyGirl

QuoteHobbled receiver says Chiefs told him of his release

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

Freddie Mitchell's long-awaited Chiefs debut won't happen tonight in their preseason finale at St. Louis — or anytime soon, if it happens at all.

Mitchell, a veteran wide receiver, said Thursday that the Chiefs told him he would be released.

"They said it was a business decision," Mitchell said. "It wasn't about my athletic ability or anything else. They know I have a tear in my meniscus. There were no bridges burned. I'm going to get ready to play, and maybe I'll be back. I'm open to (32) teams right now, and there's no telling what I'll do. But I still want to be a Chief."

Coach Dick Vermeil wasn't available for comment. But he said this week that the Chiefs were eager to see him play against the Rams.

Mitchell, 26, injured his knee early in training camp and missed the first three preseason games. He returned to practice only this week.

Mitchell declined to have arthroscopic surgery at the time as the Chiefs requested. He indicated he thought he would be able to play sooner by letting the knee mend on its own but said he would have had the surgery had the Chiefs indicated he wouldn't have to compete for a roster spot.

He said the Chiefs told him they believed his knee wouldn't last the season if he played without having surgery. He said they indicated they would consider re-signing him if he had surgery and rehabilitation.

Mitchell said he arranged the surgery for Tuesday in Birmingham, Ala., with noted orthopedic surgeon James Andrews.

"I want to play for the Chiefs so badly I'm going to get the operation with Dr. Andrews right now," said Mitchell, proving he didn't lose his flair for self-promotion with Thursday's news. "My dream is to come back to the Chiefs and put the championship belt on at Arrowhead Stadium.  :-D :-D

"Don't count me out. It's a long, 16-game season. All I have is a meniscus tear. It's more of a nuisance than anything. I'm having the operation so the Chiefs won't wonder whether the meniscus is going to give out."

Mitchell's agent, Matt Couloute, said he would seek an injury settlement from the Chiefs and file a grievance with the NFL Players Association if the sides don't come to an agreement.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ParkingLotFlagDude

Then I saw you doing sit-ups in front of a mall.  My dad told me that it was your house.

MURP

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ParkingLotFlagDude on September 02, 2005, 12:32:54 PM
kcchiefs.com is reporting that Freddie was cut.... :-[

Wow, thanks for the breaking news dude!  :yay :-D

rjs246

Are you guys saying that Freddie has been cut? I'm confused.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on September 02, 2005, 12:37:38 PM
Are you guys saying that Freddie has been cut? I'm confused.

I think...but I'll have to re-read the thread to make sure. I'll let you know when I'm done and what I can find out.

PhillyGirl

BigEd76

They're only supposed to scribble the green when the person isn't wearing an Eagles uniform...  :-D