The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The "Philly wants a white QB" sentiment has been strong since the McNabb days. It used to disgust me then and it still disgusts me now.

Anyone who thinks like that should be drowned in the river.

General_Failure

I figure that's been going strong since the Randall days. It must suck that two entire generations of white trash fans have grown up without a Real American at quarterback.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

doesnt get more MA than nick foles baby
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

MDS

koy detmer went to high school 20 minutes from where i live

but yes he is as MA as it gets
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I joined my local VFW over the weekend. While sitting at a table with a few people I casually know, some dude joins comes over and sits with us.  He's introduced to me and asks if I like basketball (was wearing the free t shirt the 6ers gave out opening day) and I said yes. He then says that he doesn't like it because there are too many darkies. A few people chuckled and I said "too many what?" and he repeated himself. I got in his shtein and he came back with the typical "I have black friends" crap. Asked him if he ever used the term "darkies" in front of them and naturally he avoided the question.  He walks over to me and tried to make nice and says "Well let me tell you about gays..." and I was like dude, you really don't want to go there. Finished my drink and left.  I could just ignore it and not go back but I love cheap drinks and there are some really good people in there. So instead I think I'll put my some of my free time to good use and start going to the monthly meetings and bitch up a storm about it.  Doubt it'll do any good but there are a few black members at this post so if nothing else, I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing who the closet racists are.

shorebird

^Do it!^ I bet you'd be suprised at how many people feel the same as you do. Guys who fought with and beside all ethnic groups of men.

Sgt PSN

I'm thinking I'll get ridiculed out of the post, especially since I'm so new to it,  but we'll see.  Lots of poor white trash in this area who think that poor black trash are a problem in this county. 

shorebird

I live in Maryland, even if it's on the Eastern Shore, it's still one of the most, if not the most liberal states in the country. My VFW has a black commander, voted in with almost 85% of the vote. He's a damn good commander too.

Diomedes

what in the hell makes a good VFW commander?  show up for food drives?  drink more than the other guys?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

An eyepatch and a cool facial scar, obviously.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on November 12, 2012, 05:49:16 PM
what in the hell makes a good VFW commander?  show up for food drives?  drink more than the other guys?

Sounds about right.

shorebird

You'd be suprised. Theres a lot to deal with, overseeing of functions, cordinating volunteer help, handling the members complaints, requests, decorum issues, and then theres always dealing with the ladies auxilary.

shorebird

Show up for food drives, yeah...you can't honestly think thats all the VFW's out there do.

Diomedes

As far as I know what they do is serve cheap drinks to bitter old men and after that, the occasional poker run/food drive for harley douchebags.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger