The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Watching Eagles fans unload on Malcolm has not been satisfying.

At.  All.

I'm occasionally ashamed to be a fan of this team. Never more so than when the mouth-breathers among us show their asses. 

General_Failure

NFL fans are a good 60% flag fargers, no team is immune from them.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 03, 2020, 10:34:06 PM

At.  All.

I'm occasionally ashamed to be a fan of this team. Never more so than when the mouth-breathers among us show their asses.

all sports fans are like this except for the nba....the nba being so black and being so aligned to hip hop in the 00s alienated all the maga chuds so they all left.

its what it is but it aint exclusive to here
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I loved what Malcolm said. farg the MAGAts who disagree with him. They're not willing to understand. It's obvious bc they're still equating kneeling as pissing on the flag and soldiers and whatever else they connect it to.

In other news where this guys neighbor to knock him out again

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1268343050440409091 21

SD

Brees walked back his statement and then some
QuoteI would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused.
In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.
This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.
I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.
I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.
I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.
I will never know what it's like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.
I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.
I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.
For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness.

SD

At.  All.

I love all the white people saying racism doesn't exist.

hunt

Quote from: AO1 on June 04, 2020, 09:06:25 AM

At.  All.

you just described cvon.  someone actually posted that the only real systemic racism is against asians & whites...and they were serious.
they live among us.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on June 03, 2020, 10:49:55 PM
NFL fans are a good 60% flag fargers, no team is immune from them.

ill take the over
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

A big thanks to Drew Brees for literally taking one for the team and making people forget about New Orleans Saint's part in covering up the catholic church's child molestation.

SD

Quote from: hunt on June 04, 2020, 09:26:52 AM
Quote from: AO1 on June 04, 2020, 09:06:25 AM

At.  All.

you just described cvon.  someone actually posted that the only real systemic racism is against asians & whites...and they were serious.
they live among us.

Best decision I've made in 2020 was not creating an account. I can't begin to fathom the idiocy.

Diomedes

Robert E. Lee statue in Richmond will be removed.

and good riddance
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Weird that they put up a statue of a guy who didn't want Civil War monuments because he thought it would make things worse.

Diomedes

Weird to you and me, but these are the same folk that invoke Christ as they lynch brown people...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on June 04, 2020, 11:27:45 AM
Robert E. Lee statue in Richmond will be removed.

and good riddance

The bust of Lee in Fort Myers was removed by the Sons of Confederate Veterans, solely to protect it from damage.  The NAACP is calling for the removal to be permanent.

There's been a small movement to change the name of Lee County for awhile.  It will be interesting to see if that can get some more traction in this conservative area.

On a side note, I wonder how many people are in the Lee County chapter of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.  You can't go more than 2 generations before 75+% of the family trees down here go to the north.

General_Failure

One of the schools in Jacksonville was named after him, too. Change all that shtein, It's well past time to stop coddling the sons of sore losers.