The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if guns were allowed in the empire state building this would have never happened
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

I walk around with a veritable gun show.

MDS

youre right, there would be no empire state building because everyone would be dead

i know barry cant do anything until after he gets elected but god damnit he needs to be a killer liberal and do something about this. remember in 08 when repub propaganda tried to scare the base into thinking he was coming for their guns? well, farging do it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i actually wouldnt want him to...because it would only serve to empower the nutso right and allow them to say i told you he was coming for our guns

guns is like my least important issue because i know nothing real will ever be done about them...theres no point in even getting upset about it...i just get annoyed at the dumb asses that defend the amount of guns there are in the country and defend some of the kinds of guns people have...

they can have as many and whatever kinds of guns they want with virtually no limtations...yet they still wanna bitch

just shut the farg up and go back into your woods

MDS

hes playing with house money though

hes not trying to get elected, hes not running for anything. he can do whatever.

and no signing strict anti gun legislation isnt going to eliminate gun violence but it could stop nut jobs like james holmes for buying semi autos and blowing up a move theater.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i get what you are saying but the last thing any democrat should do is alienate the party brand to ALL gun owners...gun owners arent a monolithic voting bloc like conservative christians who would never ever vote for a pro choice candidate...lots of gun owners do and would consider voting democrat...specifically the reagan type democrats in the rust belt who are so key to every election...going balls deep into gun owners would be political suicide

General_Failure

Quote from: Tomahawk on August 24, 2012, 02:17:44 PM
I walk around with a veritable gun show.

Tell us more about your sleeveless shirt collection.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on August 24, 2012, 02:31:11 PM
signing strict anti gun legislation isnt going to eliminate gun violence but it could stop nut jobs like james holmes for buying semi autos and blowing up a move theater.

Right. Because obviously people who want to commit gun crimes won't do it if they can't purchase their guns legally. 

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 24, 2012, 02:44:04 PM
i get what you are saying but the last thing any democrat should do is alienate the party brand to ALL gun owners...gun owners arent a monolithic voting bloc like conservative christians who would never ever vote for a pro choice candidate...lots of gun owners do and would consider voting democrat...specifically the reagan type democrats in the rust belt who are so key to every election...going balls deep into gun owners would be political suicide
Clinton's assault weapon ban is what gave rise to Bush's power.  As you said, its political suicide no matter what party goes that route.

And i'll reiterate, Straw purchases should have been banned in the early 90's, how its going on now is just mind boggling.  The mental stability part of a handgun purchase could certainly use tuning up, I'm just not sure how you'd go about doing a more thorough exam.   Right now its basically a check here system if you're crazy.  Bringing in a psychologist to review each applicant would be the best bet.

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 24, 2012, 03:48:22 PM
Quote from: MDS on August 24, 2012, 02:31:11 PM
signing strict anti gun legislation isnt going to eliminate gun violence but it could stop nut jobs like james holmes for buying semi autos and blowing up a move theater.

Right. Because obviously people who want to commit gun crimes won't do it if they can't purchase their guns legally. 
I'm not sure the actually %'s but if i took an IGY like stab i'd say 90% of inner city related gun violence is from unregistered, illegally obtained weapons.  But why bring that up when its just another shooting in a bad neighborhood.  The sexy news story is whackjobs. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 24, 2012, 03:52:45 PM
I'm not sure the actually %'s but if i took an IGY like stab i'd say 90% of inner city related gun violence is from unregistered, illegally obtained weapons.  But why bring that up when its just another shooting in a bad neighborhood.  The sexy news story is whackjobs. 

Meanwhile, in Chicago...

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

One thing that I've been impressed by with all of these recent shootings:  cops.

I bear no love for them generally.  When I've met them socially, I tend to find other people to talk to.  I see them as the enemy in a way, and I'm afraid of them.

That said, the cops who respond to these things are some ballsy fargers.  In Michigan, the cop who went in first found a victim and started to render aid, only to be ambushed by the nazi shooter, who was in turn then shot by the second cop who entered the temple.  They get training and all that, but still...they're people.  When everyone else is running out, these people are running in and I am very glad they do. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on August 24, 2012, 06:40:16 PM
One thing that I've been impressed by with all of these recent shootings:  cops.

I bear no love for them generally.  When I've met them socially, I tend to find other people to talk to.  I see them as the enemy in a way, and I'm afraid of them.

That said, the cops who respond to these things are some ballsy fargers.  In Michigan, the cop who went in first found a victim and started to render aid, only to be ambushed by the nazi shooter, who was in turn then shot by the second cop who entered the temple.  They get training and all that, but still...they're people.  When everyone else is running out, these people are running in and I am very glad they do.

bahahah