We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

I'm starting to feel like a terrible liberal because I was extremely careful, safe, etc for 15 months, but now that I'm fully vaccinated just don't really care anymore, I need to get back to real life. I'm still wearing a mask as much as possible for the sake of others but definitely over the constant worrying.

Just spent a week in Scottsdale AZ for work and it's like a different world. Masks every now and then but pretty rare.  Was at a packed bar for Cinco de Mayo with 100s of people and not a single mask.  Thought I would be much more anxious but I guess all the booze made me calm. Although I do think they're mostly idiots and selfish, everyone was so much happier.  I kinda am starting to see that there needs to be a little bit of balance between physical and mental health - everyone out there was so happy and the DC area right now is still pretty miserable.

I also went to the Sixers Pelicans game Friday and god damn did it feel good to hug some friends and watch live sports.

SD

1/3 of PA is fully vaccinated and over half have received one shot. Factor in people who already had the virus and we're approaching the 70% herd immunity target. It's still a real threat and we should still be cautious but the scare of overwhelming hospitals etc. is over. I'm glad they're lifting restrictions because I agree the mental health aspect is serious. Did a week at Disney mid April, they were very strict in the parks with masks etc. but it was farging nice to feel somewhat normal again. At this point the vaccine is readily available, if you don't take it that's on you...you don't want to wear a mask in public and you get sick that's on you. The Government has done more than enough to protect us so life should get somewhat back to normal. I say this with a covid positive daughter still in quarantine who's going nuts without school and her sports.

Rome

Florida is a hellscape of selfish ignorant fools.  I'm fully vaccinated over two weeks since the last dose and I'm still wearing masks everywhere I go.  I'm not scared.  I'm not even concerned anymore at least for me and mine.  I'm compliant and following CDC guidelines because it's the right farging thing to do. 

And honestly if I could be a carrier without getting anyone I care about sick, I would gladly infect every anti-vaxxing covid-Truther icehole I see.  They all deserve to die.

15 months of this nightmare because of selfish iceholes.  Let em all choke for all I care. 

MDS

dc and nyc both announced restriction limit end dates...rest of the east coast cant be far behind

i get shot 2 on saturday...after that i dont care and i wont feel bad about it. if you dont want one thats on you and if i give you covid and you die oh well sorry shouldnt have listened to dr tucker carlson
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I was in Wawa yesterday and saw two guys not wearing a mask, one guy who wore one of those stupid tacticool scarves that he then pulled down to drink his iced coffee, and one idiot kid wearing a mesh mask.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on May 10, 2021, 02:19:53 PM
I'm starting to feel like a terrible liberal because I was extremely careful, safe, etc for 15 months, but now that I'm fully vaccinated just don't really care anymore, I need to get back to real life. I'm still wearing a mask as much as possible for the sake of others but definitely over the constant worrying.

Just spent a week in Scottsdale AZ for work and it's like a different world. Masks every now and then but pretty rare.  Was at a packed bar for Cinco de Mayo with 100s of people and not a single mask.  Thought I would be much more anxious but I guess all the booze made me calm. Although I do think they're mostly idiots and selfish, everyone was so much happier.  I kinda am starting to see that there needs to be a little bit of balance between physical and mental health - everyone out there was so happy and the DC area right now is still pretty miserable.

I also went to the Sixers Pelicans game Friday and god damn did it feel good to hug some friends and watch live sports.

Totally get it.

Outside of a few get togethers or trips to outdoor bars and a couple dinners the last year plus has sucked. I've been getting stir crazy. I want to go out and do things. I figure that being vaccinated and having it gives me some damn near rock solid protection (barring some sort of mutant strain).

I want to go to Vegas and New Orleans and come back to PA. We have a trip to ATL in June to visit some of her family. I am tired of wearing a mask. I still do it but it sucks.

I want this shtein to go away. But it's not. I told a friend of mine today that mentioned (he's from Canada) how Newfoundland and eastern parts have gone under heavy lock downs again) outbreaks that there's no going back. Because of the politics we will never ever be locked down again. The hospitals could wheel the dead into the street and we'd still be open for business.

rjs246

Being a responsible thoughtful adult really is the fargin' worst. Especially when a significant portion of the population has decided to tell everyone outside of their own skull to go farg themselves and is wallowing in their own selfish dipshteintery.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Now that you're back can we start the keeper league back up?

Thx.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 10, 2021, 10:53:48 PM

Totally get it.

Outside of a few get togethers or trips to outdoor bars and a couple dinners the last year plus has sucked. I've been getting stir crazy. I want to go out and do things. I figure that being vaccinated and having it gives me some damn near rock solid protection (barring some sort of mutant strain).

I want to go to Vegas and New Orleans and come back to PA. We have a trip to ATL in June to visit some of her family. I am tired of wearing a mask. I still do it but it sucks.

masks honestly dont bother me at all...even when ive gone out and ive gone out a shtein ton since September...i wear my mask even when im seated at a bar or restaurant...its on the whole time unless im sippin that sizzurp....even after this is all over ill probably still wear masks in bars and restaurants when not seated and ill for sure never not wear one again on public transpo

the worst part about the mask experience for me has been remembering them...ive probably wasted a few tanks of gas just in having to turn around and drive back home because i forgot my mask

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

I've been doing more since I got my 2nd but not going crazy with it. Numbers are still too high for me to feel comfortable in a bar or whatever, but ive gone into grocery stores (at strategic times) for the first time since last March. Also did the mall once, a couple of drug stores, etc. Done takeout at a few spots where I actually went in to grab the food vs. curbside pickup, etc.

Still masking up everywhere, usually double masking. I'm way behind used to it now after having to teach with them on for the last few months.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 11, 2021, 02:38:42 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 10, 2021, 10:53:48 PM

Totally get it.

masks honestly dont bother me at all...even when ive gone out and ive gone out a shtein ton since September...i wear my mask even when im seated at a bar or restaurant...its on the whole time unless im sippin that sizzurp....even after this is all over ill probably still wear masks in bars and restaurants when not seated and ill for sure never not wear one again on public transpo

the worst part about the mask experience for me has been remembering them...ive probably wasted a few tanks of gas just in having to turn around and drive back home because i forgot my mask

Yeah don't get me wrong - I wear mine all the time when I'm out. Except if we sit down for dinner or in a large outdoor area with plenty of distancing.

I'm just getting tired of wearing it. I welcome and support the masking up of everyone.

Diomedes

pandemic been the longest stretch i've ever experienced without any illness at all...I got used to feeling good..2nd moderna shot was yesterday and I feel awful

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I'm not kidding here... drink as much Pedialyte as you can stomach.  It did wonders for the folks in my crew who got the Moderna. 

Diomedes

Yeah...hot nurse wife gave me coconut water to drink.  Electrolytes, etc.  Blech.

Coffee now and beer later should do the trick, and if not there's lots of tequila on hand.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger