We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Additionally, the Collier County Board of Comissioners called an emergency meeting tomorrow to reconisder a mask mandate.

Local crazy businessman Alfie Oakes is trying to put together a massive protest to prevent a mandate.

General_Failure

Just think, the next time your union goes to negotiate they're gonna tell you how much money you saved not buying gas or your own school supplies while all the classes were online.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

just buy a hazmat suit youll be fine
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

General_Failure

Well that's fine if he's looking to paint his house, I guess.

Geowhizzer

Down here that damn suit better be air conditioned.

Rome

Official stats:  360,000 confirmed cases.  Everything is still open except bars.  Over 5,000 deaths.

Figure that first number is off by a half And the actual death count is triple.

All because Ron DeSantis is a Hoyda corksucking Trump bitch.

General_Failure

So we're up to a full tenth of the US population now?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on July 20, 2020, 08:47:12 PM
So we're up to a full tenth of the US population now?

A little over 1/1000ths.

General_Failure

I'm really good at math.

Rome

Amazingly you're both right.  This is a post that Rusty would love!

Diomedes

Dead customers can't buy grape soda and pork rinds

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/07/20/mask-policy-changes-southeastern-grocers-winn-dixie-bilo-coronavirus/5475688002/

QuoteSoutheastern Grocers, parent company of Winn-Dixie, BI-LO and Harveys Supermarkets, is reversing course and says it will require that shoppers wear masks in its hundreds of stores throughout the Southern states.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Dio, I think it's time you man up and tell your kids to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. https://twitter.com/stltoday/status/1285199041417158663

Also, Winn-Dixie is one of the nicer grocery stores in the south. I'll go there 10 times out of 10 over Walmart.

Diomedes

operative words "...in the South."

A thing can be super down there...and still sub-par by rural Pakistani standards.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

So our organization has set up private testing for any employee who has symptoms or came into close contact with someone infected with Covid. 

You simply contact the nurse, and based on the interview assessment, you'd be granted a test or not.  No waiting, no searching for testing sites... just an immediate response.

Almost every single person in my department met that news with a sense of relief and thankfulness (including me).

I had one person absolutely refuse to take a test under any circumstances because doing so violated her rights (it doesn't - it's a term of employment).  She went on to say that she's "had friends" who waited in line, left and never got tested, yet received positive test results from the (presumably deep) "state".  They were then "put on lists" that will be used against them at some point. 

That is literally the first thing I heard this morning.  Hadn't even put my coffee mug down on my desk.  I actually said, I really don't care what you do.  I've been away for a week and I'm still recovering from surgery, so if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if I could get my morning started.

I just can't with this anymore.  shtein is starting to get to me and very little gets to me in my job.