We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Well, they opened the Naples beaches on Wednesday... and will close them back up tonight because of overcrowding.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 10, 2020, 10:27:16 AM
marganassi: oPeN uP dA cOuNtReE
usa: no
south korea: ok
*one week later*
south korea: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/asia-today-korea-counts-18-cases-club-visits-70592093

marganassi: they should ease some restrictions and let people get back to work
CF: *OMG* -typical overreaction- you want people spitting in each others mouths and killing everyone do you can get a haircut!

Like I said to Munson. Get a farging grip

Munson

Not one person here has said anything close to that to you. They have pointed out to you that "letting people get back to work" is about as safe as having people spit in each other's faces, though.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on May 10, 2020, 12:03:48 PM
Not one person here has said anything close to that to you. They have pointed out to you that "letting people get back to work" is about as safe as having people spit in each other's faces, though.

I'm for a medium. People go back to work, social distance, wear masks, proper hygiene....just like I see at target. Spreading is inevitable. Again I'll ask, how long do you tell people they can't make a living?

Munson

People would stop whining about "not making a living" if the FedGov would do its job and pass an actual support bill. You'd have a few diseased brain holdouts who have fully bought into the myth of American exceptionalism and individualism that would still pretend to be the Sons of Liberty reincarnate, but for the most part of $2000 per person per month started showing up in people's bank accounts, most of them would be content to chill for a while. Especially if they also cancelled rent/mortgage payments for the duration.

Basically, presenting it as a binary choice between working and dying or not working and financially dying is just ignoring that there's a whole range of polices out there that just require some leadership from the FedGov.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Eight of ten shoppers at the supermarket this morning were not wearing masks.  Mostly old people who idolize Trump, I assume.  They've given up so farg em all.

Munson

Munson

Diomedes

officially more than 80k Americans dead and counting

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on May 11, 2020, 07:54:22 PM

farg off Hoyda

i wanna go to disney world
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 11, 2020, 07:57:20 PM

farg off Hoyda

i wanna go to disney world

Shanghai Disney opened last night

PhillyPhreak54

"It's only the flu and .00000015% have died!!"

On another note: why has Bill Gates and his wife become targets of the anti vaxxer/"real patriot"/hoaxers on Facebook?