We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1257730562963288064

They really are just going to literally give up right smack in the middle of a pandemic, throw their hands up, and say welp, let's just let people die. Insane.

I'm trying to think of another example of such a brazen abdication of responsibility by a sitting POTUS and I can't really think of one. Hoover refusing to use the FedGov to do anything about the start of the Great Depression and basically asking JP Morgan nicely to save the economy pretty please? That's all I got.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

You mean other than Reagan with the whole AIDS thing?

Just kidding, he didn't even start working on that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

i mean he's already got his sheep up in arms about not being able to get their belly buttons pierced or guns shined or whatever they would normally do monday-friday so mission accomplished.

Munson

Quote from: General_Failure on May 05, 2020, 02:24:23 PM
You mean other than Reagan with the whole AIDS thing?

Just kidding, he didn't even start working on that.

True...but even with that, you could make the argument that the rate of transmission and etc meant it was only going to impact a certain amount of people before they finally actually did something about it. This thing is so contagious it's gonna rip through tens of millions of Americans before we even get to next fall. We're prob gonna be at 100K deaths by June and I don't think AIDS has ever been able to do that in an entire calendar year.

But yes point well taken. Thankfully someone got to Cheese Brain Ron in 87
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

as Geo mentioned I think...Buchanon did farg all to prevent civil war
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

SD

Shanghai Disney opening May 11

General_Failure

Appropriate, considering the number of Chinese citizens that'll be Shanghai'd into showing how safe and happy they are there.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Munson on May 05, 2020, 05:00:00 PM
Lol true, another good one.

https://twitter.com/oliviamesser/status/1257761195899133953

He just announced barber shops and other things can open now too

fargin fraud

General_Failure

Look man, too many of you Hoyda freeloaders are stealing unemployment money from Jeff Bezos. Get back out there, make daddy his money, and if you die try to do it in a corner where nobody can see you.

Rome

The Amazon propaganda is disgusting.  I don't use their system, so farg em.  I hope Bezos and the rest of the oligarchs die gasping for air. 

General_Failure

Only if the lowest bidder builds a shoddy space station for them to live in. I think that's the next step in the William Gibson dystopian future checklist.

Diomedes

They'll need some Rastas on board too, but can probably just upload all the Super Ape, Scientist, Augustus Pablo, Terrorists, from Amazon Music before they blast off
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Wildwood beaches, parks, playgrounds to open may 8

Munson

Gonna be a shteinshow unless they find a way to limit it to locals. As long as rentals aren't allowed it probably won't get super overrun but day trippers will just increase.