We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

One can do the same with Fauci and the blowhards who think they know better than him.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 04, 2020, 01:30:26 PM
One can do the same with Fauci and the blowhards who think they know better than him.

Fair enough. I directed that post towards munson because he obviously didn't take the time to watch the video but was quick to post some random twitter page. It's like arguing with a Trump supporter. Dr. Katz gets away from group think and gives his medical opinion. You can watch the video and argue his opinion and options and disagree but he makes some valid points and mirrors my thoughts that we're just delaying the inevitable.

Munson

I saw it live, don't need to rewatch it. I also don't need to post my resume because there are hundreds and thousands of doctors and virologists and immunologists who are saying differently. And the science tends to agree with them. So when we're choosing which well endowed resumes to listen to, I tend to err on the side of the resumes who have the backing of most of the medical community and research. And, you know, the ones not clamoring to sacrifice millions chasing some sort of herd immunity that we don't even know will exist or last yet. Also, not being a part of "group think" doesn't automatically make you correct or a sage or etc. Alex Jones "gets away from group think". Sometimes being an idiot just makes you an idiot, not correct.

Also the tweet I posted was mostly unrelated to what you were saying, just wanted to post it. But I guess it does show that yes, wanting to charge head first into herd immunity and ending lockdowns is gonna kill a lot more people.

https://twitter.com/toley88/status/1257353590638772224
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1257306327769964544

I'm sure they were some of those "very good people" in the protests
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on May 04, 2020, 01:47:49 PM
I saw it live, don't need to rewatch it. I also don't need to post my resume because there are hundreds and thousands of doctors and virologists and immunologists who are saying differently. And the science tends to agree with them. So when we're choosing which well endowed resumes to listen to, I tend to err on the side of the resumes who have the backing of most of the medical community and research. And, you know, the ones not clamoring to sacrifice millions chasing some sort of herd immunity that we don't even know will exist or last yet. Also, not being a part of "group think" doesn't automatically make you correct or a sage or etc. Alex Jones "gets away from group think". Sometimes being an idiot just makes you an idiot, not correct.

*wrong as usual

May the 4th be with you

Munson

Except, you know, the part about the evidence and the medical community being largely on the side of the doctors and virologists not named Dr. Katz *shrug*

https://twitter.com/willwilkinson/status/1257366957608878083

Now, both of these tweets are very spot on.

SD

Quote from: Munson on May 04, 2020, 03:06:03 PM
Except, you know, the part about the evidence and the medical community being largely on the side of the doctors and virologists not named Dr. Katz *shrug*

He's not the only medical expert with that opinion...I mean...you know that's something you'd of known if you watched it.

If you're interested here's the op ed piece he wrote in the NYT that spawned the new discussion

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/opinion/coronavirus-pandemic-social-distancing.html

Munson

I know he's not the only one with that opinion. I've seen the right wing freak out over the doctor in California whose video "got censored" (lol) and that other individual doctors and nurses and etc have said things that go against the general consensus of the experts. The point was that they're less numerous than the doctors/nurses/virologists/pandemic experts and, generally, those folks have way more evidence to support their stances than the dr. Katz's of the world.

Munson

Also, just a heads up, he argues in that op ed that the flu is deadlier for young people but the people studying this thing all kind of accept that this is 10-15 times deadlier across all age groups, not just older people.

As of right now the predicted fatality rate for people under 50, depending on the age range, is .1 to .5%, where as its .01 to .05% for the same age ranges for flu.

Diomedes

U.S. has more than 25% of Covid19 deaths globally.
U.S. population amounts to 4% of the world population.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Maybe a smaller fraction of the world's population when SD and his kid are done licking lamp posts.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

bill maher is a piece of garbage
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Is anyone really going to go out to a restaurant and eat?   I mean Jesus farging Christ what is wrong with people?  DeSantis should burn for this.

SD

Quote from: Rome on May 05, 2020, 09:46:12 AM
Is anyone really going to go out to a restaurant and eat?   I mean Jesus farging Christ what is wrong with people?  DeSantis should burn for this.

Yes

Waiting for the shareholders meeting to finish up today to see what Disney's plans are for their parks going forward. Reservation is June 24-July 1st

Munson