We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

SD

2 people at my office tested positive

Diomedes

Odds for SD being first :CF case just leapfrogged Eagles_Legendz.

Odds for SD being the first :CF we pour one out for also on the rise.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Munson hasn't posted in awhile I don't think...maybe he got the bug?

Munson

Got a test done yesterday after not sleeping the night before because I felt some burning sensations in my upper chest. I also have bad anxiety about health issues though so there is a chance it's just my anxiety driving me up a wall and manifesting symptoms that aren't there. I still haven't spiked a fever and today is day 7 of cough+sore throat, and day like 12 of the cough itself.

Hoping it comes back negative. But of course the testing center itself was not drive thru so I had to go into the same building as other sick people. There was only a handful there and I kept my distance as best as possible, but still had to walk by a few people going in and out of a few spots. They gave us all masks before we went in but still. So now I'm paranoid I got exposed there. It sucks. But yeah I tend to post less when my anxiety is eating me up. Hard to get excited about anything or joke around.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Oh shtein - hopefully it is just anxiety and a common cold. Good luck man.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2020, 12:14:06 PM
Odds for SD being first :CF case just leapfrogged Eagles_Legendz.

Odds for SD being the first :CF we pour one out for also on the rise.

I work from home 5 days a week. Haven't been in the office since December. My social distancing skills are legendary and it has nothing to do with the coronavirus

Diomedes

In that case, I'll cancel the go fund me for your baby mama.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2020, 03:27:02 PM

Back to paying her $20 a shot then?

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2020, 03:27:02 PM

Funny meme I just saw: Before you complain about your current situation, just remember, someone is quarantined with your ex

PhillyPhreak54

I guess he thinks his oncologists are full of shtein too?

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1243586823080808462 21

Diomedes

an entry from a "baltimore life during covid" feature in the Sun

QuoteHow does a family survive sudden job loss? With a lot of help and kindness.
Ours is a family of five with four of us living in Edgewood. Our patriarch, Joe, is a retired Army staff sergeant. We aren't as worried about money as most paycheck-to-paycheck families, since he gets retirement and disability funds. He is a truck driver who works nights. He has already received an employer letter allowing him to travel and work when isolating becomes mandatory.

Mom Mary — that's me — was the first to lose a job, my part-time job as a street advertiser. That was on Friday, March 13. I'm not eligible for unemployment.

John "JT" Thomas, our 18-year-old son who works as a YMCA lifeguard and is a full-time college student, was laid off two days later. His classes recently moved online. He's already tried to apply for unemployment online, but the site kept crashing. One day, he called 59 times and finally got through. The representative was amazingly patient.

Joseph, 22, a fast casual chain restaurant pizza maker, was laid off on Tuesday, March 17. He applied for unemployment on a Sunday morning and had no issues.

David, 21, a self-supporting full-time college student and telecommunications salesman, has been driving all over the coastal South on spring break. He decided to mosey back to Harford County, germs and all, on March 22. He is the only one who is not taking this crisis seriously. I hope he's right because he aged out of our Tricare for Life health insurance at 21, and cannot re-enroll because he took a semester off after graduating from Harford Community College. Although he has been accepted at Towson University, he cannot schedule classes until he attends orientation this summer, and he can't get back on our insurance policy without a schedule. Other insurance is cost-prohibitive for him, so he has decided to risk going uninsured for a few months.

Thanks to food giveaways at the Epicenter community center, Mountain Christian Church and Bel Air Methodist Church, we have plenty of food. We have six neighbors over 60, one in cancer remission, one recovering from surgery and one with diabetes. Three adults from our house go to each giveaway, then we give our homebound and other neighbors their share.

Our neighbors reciprocate. For his calculus class, JT must now print out a quiz, fill it out, then take a phone snap or scan it, to turn in within one hour. We don't own a printer since the college and the local library each do. With both now closed, JT was out of luck. We asked a neighbor if he can email them the quiz each Wednesday at 2:40 p.m., run over and grab it, then do his part. These lovely retired pharmacists said yes, of course.

We are allowing another neighbor to use our washer and dryer, so she does not have to leave home for the communal laundromat. She's diabetic and had her hip replacement surgery postponed due to COVID-19.

We are working together and I think the experience is good for my boys.

Mary Paramore, Edgewood

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-ed-op-0327-maryland-coronavirus-stories-20200327-zzqijgowh5ei7nlx3fhif6qnmy-story.html

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.