We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Coronavirus: Pandemic is 'accelerating', WHO warns as cases pass 300,000

"It took 67 days from the first reported of Covid-19 to reach 100,000 cases, 11 days for the second 100,000, and just four days for the third 100,000."

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Basically, everyone is going to get it.  It's a matter of how quickly that happens.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

ah, the good old days

Quote from: Diomedes on February 03, 2020, 09:00:42 PM
This new coronavirus got me thinking:  Really just a fantastic year for that virus...one little jump to a different species and what a ride they hitched!  Big growth, new regions, global in a day!  The future is bright!

Not so good from our point of view, of course, but the universe doesn't much care about our point of view.

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 03, 2020, 09:31:17 PM
I don't think making the jump to humans is a wise move for a virus, especially if it's deadly. There's plenty of bats out there, and they don't have the means to eradicate you.

Herpes has the right idea. Lay low for years at a time, spread around when people don't even realize it, and make a big bet on people hating condoms.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

If the mortality rate is 5% and a hundred million of us get it, that's FIVE MILLION dead.

Diomedes

I've been checking JHU's numbers daily and the mortality keeps creeping up.  At 4.3% right now.  Five days ago, it was like 3.2 (from memory).  The figure should be inflated because theoretically, there have been a great number of people infected who did not get sick and so weren't noticed, and have since recovered.  And theoretically, people shouldn't get sick more than once from it.  But we don't know either of those are true yet.  There have been sporadic reports of cases of re-infection.  The idea that this thing can survive 17 days...holy crap. 

MDS

if corona doesnt kill us, trump will

there is just no way this thing gets handled with this idiot...it cant
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I spent the day arguing with people on Reddit bc I was bored and couldn't take the horse shtein MAGA responses.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/italy-bans-internal-travel-stop-virus-spread-live-updates-200322235532945.html

Some interesting things to note here. 

Bottom line... stay home if possible.  Avoid unnecessary contact.  Wash your farging hands. 

PhillyPhreak54

I farging HATE that icehole.

He's worse than Abbott.

Rome

If 50% of the population gets infected because we refuse to stop the spread there won't be much of an economy or country left anyway. 

Having government-hating morons running the government probably wasn't the best idea.

In short, well done, America.

PS: But her e-mails. 

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: Rome on March 23, 2020, 08:58:46 PM
If 50% of the population gets infected because we refuse to stop the spread there won't be much of an economy or country left anyway. 

Having government-hating morons running the government probably wasn't the best idea.

In short, well done, America.

PS: But her e-mails.

its not about that...its about getting trump re-elected

the economy being, i guess good for rich people and survivable for everyone else, is his only calling card. trump we know is a sociopath of beyond understandable proportions who wouldnt care if every single person around him dies - including family - so long as he gets to be president again.

what we are seeing is the inevitability of cults. when they are faced with a problem, they ask you if you are so committed to the cause are you willing to die for it. welp. here we are. trump wants you to die for him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.