The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

QB Eagles

From the no surprise file: The Giants released Brandon Jacobs.

reese125

hbionic

Dude's a walking vagina. Pass.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

reese125

I cant stand the guy, but Ill take him on 3rd and short then back to the bench you go.

ice grillin you

thing is hes not good in short yardage...people think he is cause hes huge...but dook needs a legit hole or hes done...

wheres hes a beast is when he gets thru a hole gains speed and trucks someone...for a guy as big as he is he doesnt push piles ever because he runs so upright
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Quote from: hbionic on March 09, 2012, 06:19:49 PM
Dude's a walking vagina. Pass.

Agree. There comes a point where players aren't worth their attitudes and baggage, especially if you don't have a team with strong leaders and an established core of long standing vets on that team. It's all the more so if the prospect isn't all that special to begin with.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 09, 2012, 06:33:32 PM
thing is hes not good in short yardage...people think he is cause hes huge...but dook needs a legit hole or hes done...

wheres hes a beast is when he gets thru a hole gains speed and trucks someone...for a guy as big as he is he doesnt push piles ever because he runs so upright

This is absolutely on point.  He doesn't hit beast mode until he clears the LOS.  I don't know if he doesn't trust the blocking up front or if he just doesn't know where he's supposed to go or if he's just a Hoyda who is afraid of getting hit by a DT, but dude tip toes around the back field like he's trying to sneak passed the defense.   

ice grillin you

one thing against him being able to be a short yardage back is his height...the ideal short yardage back is compact...like a mjd...the more body you have exposed the more places for the defense to attack and the less you are going to bounce off people
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

igy's post is [like sarge said] on point.

Jacobs Hoyda foots through holes but once he breaks free he's a monster to take down. He runs too high and doesn't hit the hole hard which is why he's a poor short yardage back.

Diomedes

The reason he runs too high is that he's too big.  He's a pain in the ass, he's old, he's not going to get any faster or stronger.  Any two bit player can get a good shoulder into this guy.  Pass.

I'd rather see Addai spelling Shady if I had to pick from FA RBs. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed on not wanting Jacobs. He's a goddamn brick shteinhouse who runs like a twelve year old ballerina.

Feva

Sooooo... He's an Eagle by Wednesday morning, right?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

As the new starting MLB, yes.

The man. The myth. The legend.