The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 21, 2007, 04:22:07 PM
they are both bitches in their own special ways

the difference is that mcnabb is a way better player

Agreed. But on the field, McNabb is far from a bitch.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

shorebird

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 21, 2007, 04:09:33 PM
Yes, while Manning was crying draft day because he didn't like the team that drafted him, McNabb was busy throwing 4 TDs on a broken leg.

Not to mention that when booed after being drafted, McNabb didn't have Daddy all over the media crying and saying he wouldn't play for the team that drafted him.

Whaaaaa!! I don't wanna play for the Chargers!! WHAAAAAAAAAA! DADDIEEEEEE. Hellllllllllp me pleeeeeaase!!

McNabb sucked it up and went out to become a pro-bowler. The Chargers, on the other hand, owe a lot to the Mannings. They don't have to have that cry baby bitch Eli handing off to LT. Who looks like the farging idiots now? Eli plays for a organization in disarray, and the Chargers are primed to make another run at the Superbowl.

HA!

Diomedes

Those quotes from Eli Manning are being considered tough talk?  Gimme a break.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Diomedes on August 21, 2007, 07:13:12 PM
Those quotes from Eli Manning are being considered tough talk?  Gimme a break.

:-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Magical_Retard

apparently tiki went on his sirius radio show with his brother and made fun of eli the whole time calling him names and such.

lol i dont care for either but tiki is really showing his true colors.

found it from the following:

from AOLSportsblog:

Did anyone actually think that the Eli Manning/Tiki Barber feud would end after only a few short days? Did anyone actually think that Barber would allow Manning to have the last word?

If you thought either of those things, you'd be wrong -- and you'd be foolish.

Barber made it a point to address Manning's comments tonight on Siruis Radio's "Barber Shop." He also recruited some help in attempt to further damage Eli's reputation. Twin brother Ronde Barber accompanied Tiki on the set and joyously joined in on a pathetically immature mocking of the New York Giants quarterback.

It was a constant barrage for almost two hours with Ronde making comments about Eli's "testes finally dropping" and Tiki adding that "Kerry Collins was a true leader," claiming the Giants "shouldn't have let him go." They also added that Eli's return-fire was "laughable" and that Tiki is part of the media now and it's his job to be controversial.

Now that the real Tiki has shown himself, a few things have become blatantly obvious. Unlike Lawrence Taylor, Phil Simms and Harry Carson who are ex-Giants, Tiki is just an ex-football player. It's clear that he could care less about the organization and only about himself. Additionally, he also proved exactly what's wrong with the media when he stated that it's his job to be controversial.

Oddly enough, he fails to realize that his job also involves quality analysis. He's not going to be taken seriously if he continues to make bogus comments like suggesting Kerry Collins was a "true leader." In all fairness to Collins, he was an alcoholic who stumbled his way through an NFL career and got lucky one year with the Giants when the offensive line jelled together for a single fluke season and the defense over-performed. His true leadership skills were exposed in that horrid Super Bowl loss to Baltimore -- a game in which Tiki Barber was rendered irrelevant.

And amongst all the foolish things that spewed from Tiki's mouth, he claimed that he would have been a surefire Hall of Famer had his heart remained in it. Ironic, because he seemed to "lose his heart" when Tom Coughlin came to town, which was actually the moment he became a legitimate running back and stood an actual chance of being considered for football's greatest honor.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

shorebird

Is it his job to be an icehole also? If so, he's doing a fine job of it.

Diomedes

There has been a rash of former players who stink it up so bad in the booth that I gotta believe the broadcasting people with the money are going to think twice about throwing them in the booth. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

You want to believe that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

i hear you Dio, i really have no idea how Emmitt is still working at Espn, the guy has no concept of the english language. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

bowzer

Tiki always seemed like a pretty classy guy... wasn't he working for the Today show???

I'm pretty sure childish rants like these will lead to him losing any national gigs like the Today Show.

Diomedes

Quote from: General_Failure on August 22, 2007, 07:52:20 AM
You want to believe that.

Well yeah, I do want to believe it.  I'm a sucker.

The occasional player does well..Aikman and Jaws are good examples.  But basically, former players suck.  And they take jobs from lifer broadcasters who toil away in small markets.  Guys who know how to read a promter while being screamed at by a producer through the earhole while watching a game while responding to the dude next to them.

Those are the mutherfargers I want in the booth.

ice grillin you

former player announcers are no different than not former player announcers...some are good some are bad...wheels is the worst ive ever heard and he might have played wiffle ball once
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 22, 2007, 07:41:26 PM
former player announcers are no different than not former player announcers...some are good some are bad...

If you want to talk like a guidance counselor, sure.  If you want to talk like a man, WRONG.  pros are better than amateurs.  Professional broadcasters are better at their job than amateurs.  Just like any other job. 

ice grillin you

lol @ professional broadcasters

anyway when it comes to play by play you may be right...but when it comes to analysis players are usually better

but i know you love to ride the all players are illiterate gorillas train so carry on
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

just the black ones homey, just the black ones