2021 Draft Discussion

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2021, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

no, but hes from the area. not sure if he grew up in abington but he was there for a bit, then went to wood and thats where they figured out he was an unreal tight end.

in short hes a philly kid and this would be something
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Rebuild, as long as they don't screw this up and draft a whack job or a disengaged Fireman Dan.  Ok with OL, Secondary, WR, hybrid TE.  Graham not getting younger, Fletch seems to go down weekly(thankfully usually bounces right back), none of the FA's on the D Line have panned out so OK with DL. 

Is not Goedert a FA next year?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

He is, yes, but they will have a hojillion dollars under the cap to extend him.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

I don't know shtein about their football team but archbishop wood's basketball team is really good this year.

ice grillin you

some what do people around the league think about some potential eagle picks...

QuoteJa'Marr Chase, Louisiana State (6-foot-0, 208 pounds): In 2019, Justin Jefferson averaged 13.9 yards per catch and had 18 touchdowns for the Tigers compared to 21.1 and 20, respectively, for Chase. "I thought Chase was on a different level," said one scout. "Watching what Jefferson did this year (with the Vikings), that just makes me say, 'Good Lord.' Honestly, I thought he was the best receiver in the class last year."

Chase opted out of the 2020 season more to prepare for the NFL than COVID-19 fears. "I have concerns," the scout said. "Even when you're training at the highest level, it's different than playing football. I could see his rookie year starting off slow." Extremely well built, both upper and lower body. "Look at his legs," another scout said. "That's a real man there. He'll be a No. 1 wide receiver on a team right away. He'll need to tighten up his routes a little bit. Unbelievably competitive, unbelievable work ethic. The school loves the kid. You want to be around him. Got that rebounder mentality. He's better than Amari Cooper."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DeVonta Smith, Alabama (6-foot-0, 170 pounds): First receiver to win the Heisman Trophy since Desmond Howard in 1991. First wideout ever to win the Associated Press national player of the year award. "I don't think I've seen a receiver with his flexibility," one scout said. "That's why he can change directions so quickly. I don't recall anyone changing direction like this guy. It's just totally amazing. I thought he was a little like Marvin Harrison."

When Harrison left Syracuse in 1996 as the No. 19 overall pick, he measured 6-foot-0, weighed 185 and ran a 4.35 40. "Marvin was faster," another scout said. "Smith is quick as hell. His routes are amazing. His hands and ball skills are excellent. He's stronger than he looks. But I don't know if he'll be 170. He looks tiny, and he is not explosively fast. There really is no precedent for somebody like him. Any time DeSean Jackson stepped on the field, he was the most explosively fast guy ever. The worry with this guy is, will what he does transfer? He'll play. He'll be a good player. But is he a true No. 1?" Clocked just 4.52 last March.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyle Pitts, Florida (6-foot-6, 250 pounds): Maybe the least nit-picked player in the draft. "The question was, could he block better in 2020 than he did in '19?" said one scout. "In '19, he blocked like crap. This year, he defied all the odds, gained some weight and blocked his ass off. Low-maintenance. Loves football. He's a difference-maker. I think he had zero drops this year. More fluid than Vernon Davis." Averaged 17.9 yards per catch in final season.

"He's better than the two guys from Iowa two years ago (T.J. Hockenson, Noah Fant) combined," a second scout said. "He has Hall of Fame potential as a receiver. Just unique." Regarded by one team as the second-best player in the draft. "You look at (Travis) Kelce and (George) Kittle, the success they've had, there's no comparison as far as athletic ability to this guy," a third scout said. "I usually don't go for that position that high, but I would take him in the top 10. He even tries to block. Played hurt, too. For a young quarterback, I'd like to have this guy on my team."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 330 pounds): Started 20 games at left tackle in 2018 and 2019 before opting out in 2020. "I compared him to (Tony) Boselli but with quicker feet," one scout said. "Dominant run and pass blocker. It's very seldom you find a big-time athlete that is nasty, too. Anthony Munoz and Boselli, guys like that, they really liked to put guys on their tail. But, he didn't play this year." Won't turn 21 until mid-October. "His deal will be character," a second scout said. "It's been easy for him. I don't know that he's 100 percent pro right now. He has to deal with some growing pains in terms of professionalism. But the guy is tough and passionate on the field."

Comes from a football family. "Every time I circle back and watch him, I just don't see it," said a third scout. "He's not that gifted with his feet. He doesn't really play that physical or strong. He can get in the way with things, but he's not a really good finisher and his balance isn't that great. His technique is off. There's a lot of work that needs to be done."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trey Lance, North Dakota State (6-foot-4, 226 pounds): Redshirted in 2018, started 16 games for the FCS national champions in '19 and started the Bison's only game in '20. "He's really talented," one scout said. "I'm not going to say he throws it better than Trevor Lawrence, but he definitely throws it better than Zach Wilson and as well as (Justin) Fields arm strength-wise. Josh Allen was more talented, but a year ago Lance was a much more efficient player. Josh threw interceptions in college, especially against good defenses. Lance definitely fits the mold of what you want to look for. The natural, God-given ability, he has it."

Posted a passer rating of 130.1 in 2019 while running for 1,100 yards and 14 TDs. "He's a better runner than Lawrence and the same level as Fields," said a second scout. "He's an aggressive runner. That's the problem. He takes on people all the time. Physically, he's gifted. He's a myth, a one-year-and-one-game starter." Playing in Fargo Oct. 3 against a Central Arkansas team that finished 5-4, Lance was 15-of-30 for 149 yards, two TDs and one interception. He did rush 15 times for 143 yards. Declared for the draft three days later. "He should not have played that game," said a third scout. "He looked awful. Looked like a fourth-round pick. No accuracy. No pocket poise. He fumbled the ball. He looked like a developmental backup guy. Straight-line type athlete. He reminded me of Jameis Winston where it's not really a fluid, natural motion or natural movement in the pocket. He kind of has to gather his whole body to throw."

Two scouts said they'd take him over Jordan Love. "You like the taste, but it's a small sample," a fourth scout said. "I like his tools. I think he can be good, but would I bank on it? There's not enough information for me. A lot of unknowns there that would give me pause."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

CHASE PITTS legggooooooooooooo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm in on Pitts.

Chase, Smith or Pitts.

The difference in opinions on Sewell are stark.

Oh and if these dumbfargs draft a QB...pissed won't even begin to describe it.

Don Ho

They draft a QB I'm moving off the reservation and cheering for the WTF's.  This FO is that stupid, I can see them doing this and having to listen to Howie's reasoning will be broken glass fragment to the neck material.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

So it's going to be Sewell then.

ice grillin you

eagles awarded two 6th round comp picks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Fields falls to 6 do you take him?

QB Eagles

Quote from: Dre Day on March 26, 2021, 01:11:21 PM

Seems unlikely he falls now that SF mortgaged their future to move to #3.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 26, 2021, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: Dre Day on March 26, 2021, 01:11:21 PM

Seems unlikely he falls now that SF mortgaged their future to move to #3.

Damn...missed that trade. Good trade for Miami although not sold on Tua

PhillyPhreak54

Eagles have traded out
Down to 12 with Miami

They get a 1 in 2022

Goodbye Pitts Smith and Chase