Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on January 14, 2018, 09:41:47 PM
My wife and daughter were watching the game with me and both of them said it looked like he intentionally missed him.  I said you mean like it was a fix?   And my wife replied: absolutely. 

I love her so much.  Lol.

i said the same thing to the people i was watching with....it legit looked like he was paid off

theres really no other explanation
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Missing a tackle is one thing, but he threw himself at the legs of the only guy other guy within twenty yards of the play.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2018, 09:27:19 PM
Quote from: AO1 on January 14, 2018, 09:21:00 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2018, 09:18:47 PM
that marcus williams non play was the worst play in the history of sports at any level

how does he go in the locker room after that

He was trying to avoid a PI so he avoided taking Diggs legs out.

this was jimmy johnsons take and its the most preposterous thing ive ever heard

let him catch the ball...what the farg does PI have to do with anything....he catches it then you tackle him and game over

are people stupid?

He was in the motion of going low and probably thought he'd hit him before the ball got there and wanted to avoid a PI. That was my immediate impression. I didn't see Johnson's take but from the rear angle you could tell he makes a conscious decision to go below him.

ice grillin you

the PI take might actually be worse than the actual play....he literally could have done nothing...just stood there and watched him catch the ball....then tackled him and the games over

General_Failure

SD

Hes there early and in motion while Diggs is in the air, if he hits him at that point he risks a possible PI. He goes low and decides to avoid contact instead. I'm not making excuses for the guy but it was a split second decision and I sort of understand the reasoning. He has to make a play on the ball because if Diggs catches that and goes out of bounds they kick a fg and win. So he had to break towards him because Diggs was open. Diggs shouldn't have been that wide open along the sideline to begin with.

ice grillin you

he shouldnt be in the position of having to make a split second decision he should have just been stading btwn the sideline and the wr....let him catch it then tackle him...game over

he was wildly out of control for no reason...it was the single most ridiculous thing ive ever seen in sports

and he wasnt wide open there were multiple saints there...again it doesnt matter if he catches it he just cant catch it and run or go out of bounds

MDS

nfl >>

it never shouldve got to the point it did. on the possession where forbath hit the 50 something yarder, minny needed to run 3 times or call a screen...keep it in bounds. they called 3 passes, wasted no time, and left brees a great chance. they couldve easily gained the same 5 yards they did and ate all but a handful of seconds off the clock.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Too bad Al didn't call the end of that Saints Vikings game. He's the one you need to explain the real significance of that extra point kneeldown.

MDS

some people had it 4.5, some 5.5

so either you won/lost on the kneeldown or won/lost on the td...never will see that again
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Think most books had it 4.5 until the middle of the week, then 5, then 5.5 before the game today. All kinds of chaos erupting everywhere degenerates gather.

General_Failure

Mularkey has been both extended and fired by the Titans.

QB Eagles

Think they woke up hungover today and realized they said they were going to keep a horrible coach for years just because their QB was able to pass a touchdown to himself.

MDS

if you want to know the power of matchups in sports tv, consider this. saints/vikings this year and packers/cowboys last year were roughly the same game in terms of closeness and excitement.

these numbers are just for the 700-800 portion and just for the east/central time zones

this year - 33 mil
last year - 44 mil

SD

If the SB is Eagles/Jags NBC should give advitisers a steep discount