DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle: Pimp Returns

Started by Diomedes, March 11, 2019, 06:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

to post something that vile in the middle of a gargantuan social uprising and just a couple years after a mass shouting at a synagogue while a White supremacist whose followers want Jews eliminated from the face of the earth gets you got in my mind...all things considered it's beyond the pale

dio mentioned the crazy right being able to use this to show a double standard if he isn't let go...that's true but farg that....It's much worse that DeSean posted something that they live by...it's gives a voice and legitimacy to those rabid thugs

he needs to go away 
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

It's bad logic to argue that since "xxx" was forgiven for --insert unforgiveable speech here--so we should give Pimp a pass.  Maybe "xxx" should never have been let off the hook?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

that and the social climate and standards change

at no time would him having done this been anything but ugly but to do it now shows an unbelievable level of ignorance and callousness...and that's above and beyond giving him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't believe in what he posted which is a massive stretch imo

Rome

I agree that what he posted was heinous.  But is blacklisting a guy over unpopular speech really the way to go here, especially if he's expressed true contrition?

We as liberals shouldn't be out for blood in these circumstances.  He should be given a chance at redemption.  That's all I'm saying. 

Diomedes

Who said blackballing?

I think it's reasonable as an employer to go ahead and release the guy who promotes literal Hitler on social media. 

I'm sure the Redtails will give him a chance at redemption that he'd gladly take, and make the Eagles pay for....before getting hurt, going out for the season, and doing something else equally as stupid as this.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

If you've got players calling Brees a stupid farg for saying he doesn't understand why kneeling isn't disrespecting the flag, at the very least there should be someone out there calling Jackson a farging idiot.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 07, 2020, 02:39:55 PMall that said im willing to put my faith in lurie as he obviously knows him better than any fan does and hes "jewish"...altho he might be less of a jew than the lil guy if thats even possible

this is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me

FTR i dont think desean is a bigot or hateful. hes an imbecile who let himself be led astray into farakahn's antisemitic nonsense. thats not an excuse but i just dont think he has hate in his heart for jews like kkkooper did for blacks. so in this instance i wouldnt fire him but i dont begrudge anyone for feeling that he should...except for the 'what about white history month' crowd that is using this to further their racist agenda.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

I've seen more than a few of my black friends get borderline antisemitic with their conspiracy theories, haven't seen any of them straight up quote what they thought was a Hitler quote though.

I also think DeSean is kind of a huge idiot and legitimately might not have known how bad what he was posting was. He might be one of the few id actually believe that about.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

I find it grossly paternalistic to think a 35 year old black guy isn't responsible for what he says because he's dumb.

There is no way any liberal would use such excuses about a white guy posting Hitler shtein, and guess what: 99% of white racists crude enough to post Hitler quotes or drop the n word in public are straight-up as dumb and easily led astray as DeSean. Especially if they play football.

Though for me, the guys who beat their girlfriends are on a level of awful far beyond anyone who runs their mouth with idiotic (even racist) speech. It's one thing to be a social media edgelord, it's another when you're choke slamming the mother of your kids.

Rome

It's so blatantly obvious that someone hired a PR flunky to compose his apology.

Everything he posts on social media reads like an eighth grader on Adderall scribbled it out.  Then you read that and it's got more polish on it than the '68 Mustang in Jay's garage.

Whatever, though.  Stupid is as stupid does.

ice grillin you

its not that hes black or a football player....its that he plays for the eagles....if dez bryant had done this every eagle fan even some trumper eagle fans would be going nuts screaming get him out of the league

General_Failure

I don't think his apology was PR crafted, they probably wouldn't have let him say "it wasn't as bad as you guys think it was, I was just trying to educate people."

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

"..My intention was to uplift, unite and encourage our culture with positivity and light..." by (trying to) quote Adolph Hitler on Jews and Negroes.

Get this f'n guy away from the Eagles.

Rome

Munson

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 08, 2020, 09:07:45 AM
I find it grossly paternalistic to think a 35 year old black guy isn't responsible for what he says because he's dumb.

There is no way any liberal would use such excuses about a white guy posting Hitler shtein, and guess what: 99% of white racists crude enough to post Hitler quotes or drop the n word in public are straight-up as dumb and easily led astray as DeSean. Especially if they play football.

Though for me, the guys who beat their girlfriends are on a level of awful far beyond anyone who runs their mouth with idiotic (even racist) speech. It's one thing to be a social media edgelord, it's another when you're choke slamming the mother of your kids.

Tbf, a lot of white people actually learn racism and antisemitism from their family and people around them when they're growing up. I don't think too many black people are growing up in openly anti Semitic homes, outside of the extreme Muslim types, of which I don't believe was part of his upbringing.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds