Get advice from smart people on medical procedures

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 12, 2011, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Sarge I'm service connected for PTSD  so I can get free mental health treatment through the va. I gave them a try, the psychiatrist I spoke to was one of the biggest iceholes I had ever met. I actually filed a complaint with the va against him...and I work for the va.

I get private treatment which costs me around $200 a month but at least it's quality opposed to the bullshtein va treatment.

Rome

OCD:  Either you're all in or all OUT.

Also - I've heard that climate change is one of the leading causes of OCD.

SD

Quote from: Rome on March 05, 2016, 11:08:05 AM
OCD:  Either you're all in or all OUT.

Unless you've been clinically diagnosed you're 100% correct. My own mother used to tell me she was OCD when I was younger but "she knew how to control it". My therapist asked her why she thought that and she said the same I have to be organized...things can't be out of place blah blah blah. My therapist practically laughed at her and said you don't have it those aren't clinical OCD symptoms they're more like quirks. I could write a book on the condition and sorry but it's annoying when people say they're OCD because of some stupid ritual or small compulsion. The disorder goes way beyond that.

But I still love you Romey

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on March 05, 2016, 10:35:44 AM
Sarge I'm service connected for PTSD  so I can get free mental health treatment through the va. I gave them a try, the psychiatrist I spoke to was one of the biggest iceholes I had ever met. I actually filed a complaint with the va against him...and I work for the va.

I get private treatment which costs me around $200 a month but at least it's quality opposed to the bullshtein va treatment.

If I felt like I had some serious issues, I'd probably just go to a private shrink myself, but I think I'm just running into a wall with adjusting to civilian life and possibly being weirded out by getting ready to turn 40.  I relate to people perfectly fine on a social level, but I feel (felt, actually) all out of sorts when I was working and trying to establish professional relationships.  I literally just wanted to tell everyone to stfu and do their jobs pretty much all day long. Whiney farging bitches that cried about everything, every last one of them.  And these were mostly all super conservative truckers who will bitch up and down about how lazy people are and expect the Gov't to give them money and free shtein, but tell one of them that they're delivering to a place they don't like going to and they cry like little bitches. Drove me nuts.

Funny thing is that by the time I got out of the military, I was getting sick of the military. The politics and all the internal bs.  But I don't really know how to act at work and deal with people in any way other than the way I did for 17 years.  So yeah, I've definitely got some anxiety issues to deal with. Maybe even some sort of depression or something. I'm just glad that it's not very serious. Hopefully this VA shrink is competent enough to help me sort through it so that I don't have to pay out of pocket to see someone else.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on March 05, 2016, 10:15:51 AM
yeah I don't pretend I have OCD because I never want to kill myself if a picture frame is crooked but i can't concentrate on anything if shtein is dirty. like if i'm eating with someone and they spill something on the table I can't stop looking at it until I clean it up myself. and i can't leave the house if my bed is not made. i use a dust buster about 5 times a day. it just started like 5 years ago or so. probably one of my better habits actually. cocaine makes it even worse.

Same here but without the DustBuster and coke.

Sgt PSN

Not that we didn't already know this, but matty>>>>phreak.

Rome

I thought the climate change snark was farging hilarious. 

Nothing.

farg all you bitches.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 05, 2016, 09:11:26 AM
Yeah, I'd agree that drinking and Xanax is a bad combination.
I don't know if you or others from the Philly area are old enough to remember the Karen Ann Quinlan case. She was Terri Schiavo before Terri Schiavo, and it was the groundbreaking case in right to die and persistent vegetative state. At the time she reportedly had just had some drinks with a valium ( the same class of drug as Xanax) and that ultimately did her in. Coincidentally Terri Schiavo was also from the Philly area originally.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Eagaholic on March 05, 2016, 10:12:40 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 05, 2016, 09:11:26 AM
Yeah, I'd agree that drinking and Xanax is a bad combination.
I don't know if you or others from the Philly area are old enough to remember the Karen Ann Quinlan case. She was Terri Schiavo before Terri Schiavo, and it was the groundbreaking case in right to die and persistent vegetative state. At the time she reportedly had just had some drinks with a valium ( the same class of drug as Xanax) and that ultimately did her in. Coincidentally Terri Schiavo was also from the Philly area originally.

I vaguely remembered it, so I looked it up on the almighty Wikipedia.  I was in middle school when she passed.

I was already living in Florida during the Schiavo fiasco.  I told my wife that if I was in that state, cut the damn cord.  No need putting my family in permanent financial dire straits to keep me zombified. 

Rome

I've been hesitant to share any of this with you lunatics because sharing truly intimate details about my family really isn't my style.

That said, just over a year ago my sweetheart was diagnosed with cancer.  We've spent the last 16 months going in and out of hospitals for surgeries and treatment for her. 

We officially got the best possible news today.  She's clear of that motherfarger thanks to the amazing care and treatment of the dedicated staff of doctors, nurses, etc at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa and Bristol Myers.

The last year-plus has been incredibly stressful on my family, and although we'all always have to be vigilant with this situation it looks as though we're going to be ok.   

Anyway, I'm sitting here in a cafe in the treatment center having just informed my family, friends and colleagues the news, and I am as thankful a guy who has ever lived.  Tomorrow is our 27th anniversary and here's hoping to another 27 more. 

- Rome

PS:  For those of us who are getting older, please get checked out if anything weird pops up.  She did and that likely saved her life and our family. 

Geowhizzer

Excellent news, Rome.   Glad you have reason to celebrate.  :yay

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

PhillyPhreak54

That's fantastic news man. I'm happy to hear all is well!