The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

They catch the guy yet?

What another horrific ordeal that absolutely not a god damn thing will be done about it.

Diomedes

Nope.  He's still not been found.  Likely dead in the woods somewhere, like the dude here in MD that offed the judge who granted his wife custody of his children.  They found him dead by suicide.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

We need to get serious about taking guns away from people.

That or the victims need to fight back and start shooting NRA members and lawmakers.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I've wondered about that - lets say one of the "thoughts and prayers - guns aren't the problem" people has to deal with losing someone like so many people do now. How quickly would they flip their view? Or are they so morally and ethically bankrupt and blinded by the cult that they would still toe the line?

Diomedes

Apparently the entire area around this shooting is still on "shelter in place" orders.

That's insane. 

Can the authorities actually enforce that?  What if I'm out of food?  What if I want to go for a ride? 

farg that shtein.  The dude is dead in the woods.  Or he's not.  But you're gonna shut down the entire towns of Lewiston (40k) and Portland (more)? 

Crazy.

Rome

Guns don't kill people.  Democrats are at fault.

- GOP

PhillyPhreak54

No shock - scumbag was found dead of a self inflicted gunshot.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 27, 2023, 08:23:50 AMI've wondered about that - lets say one of the "thoughts and prayers - guns aren't the problem" people has to deal with losing someone like so many people do now. How quickly would they flip their view? Or are they so morally and ethically bankrupt and blinded by the cult that they would still toe the line?

If someone shot up my kids, what would I have to live for any longer?  Why wouldn't I just reset, retreat into a private campaign of retribution against the gun lobby?  I could take a couple years to plan, and let the gun lovers have a taste of the horror they are inflicting on America, just like this guy did, but instead of targeting random people, bring the fight home. 

I'm genuinely puzzled why we haven't seen someone take that kind of reaction.  Surely, with outrageous numbers of people who survived one of these atrocities, or lost someone, there are desperate wounded people with nothing better to do than strike back.

Why haven't they?  Does the FBI put every victim on a watch list, track their movements, etc?  Is the security for these gun pushers really so good that people are trying to get at them, and failing?  I find that hard to believe.

General_Failure

Why would the FBI need to watch anyone when real patriot American citizens are more than willing to go harass them themselves for being a crisis actor?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah those people don't believe shtein. Something can happen right in front of them and they deny it in some form or fashion.

But I agree with Dio too. I'm shocked that we haven't seen it happen either.

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 27, 2023, 08:23:50 AMI've wondered about that - lets say one of the "thoughts and prayers - guns aren't the problem" people has to deal with losing someone like so many people do now. How quickly would they flip their view? Or are they so morally and ethically bankrupt and blinded by the cult that they would still toe the line?
I wonder if there has been a shift from the good old fashioned lie through their teeth corporate dirtbag types to a new wave of people who actually convince themselves of whatever stories suit their interests. I have no idea if this is true but I get the impression that a lot of these people believe themselves. Maybe a fake news kind of effect?

PhillyPhreak54

Definitely. Not only that but an overall lack of compassion. And a lot of that is tied to the political landscape over the last seven years. A certain orange crusted cretin made it seemingly ok in people's eyes to be unrepentant iceholes.