TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

soundtrack was great but the earlier movies with shia la beef or Marky mark are much more fun movies.

PhillyPhreak54

Just saw that True Detective is coming back for a season 4. Hopefully it's similar to season 1.

ice grillin you

you have to know going in thats its YA but The Summer I Turned Pretty is very entertaining
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Rewatched all the Star Wars shows recently. Even managed to get through Andor. It was fine, I guess? The title character was the least interesting part of it every step of the way. Then I went and rewatched Rogue One and laughed that the forgettable french guy from that got his own spinoff show for some reason.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Johnny Manziel doc on Netflix was really good

Crazy that it's been ten years now since he took CFB by storm

PhillyPhreak54

Telemarketers doc on HBO is surprisingly decent. I stumbled on this one and an annoyed they only release one ep a week. About some Jersey based dudes out to expose the whole fundraising scams for police

Swamp Kings on Netflix I just started but everything I've heard is it sucks. I was waiting for this one but reviews say they don't mention Hernandez it any of the real deep shtein and it plays likes an informercial for Urban

Also Hard Knocks has lost its fastball. Mainly because teams don't give them shtein but gone are the days of focusing on bubble guys trying to make it and showing cuts and stuff like that.

phattymatty

I watched the first hard Knocks episode yesterday, somehow it was the first episode I have ever watched.  Made the Jets very likable so decided I won't be watching anymore.

PhillyPhreak54

The first ever? Like since 2001?

Swamp Kings is ok. It definitely is a stroke job towards Urban. And Tebow my god when he speaks he's either whispering or on the verge of tears.

PhillyPhreak54

The Bishop Sycamore doc on HBO is wild.

That farging guy Roy Johnson is a psycho. I'm surprised someone hasn't whipped the shtein out of him.

MDS

yea he needs some help...mentally not well

the delusion on him and the kids was hysterical. they thought their broke ass terrible program with zero infostructure and no plays that never won a game was going to beat an elite team of high d1 athletes. brain damage.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Any adult who coaches kids and is seriously invested in whether they win or lose is a suspicious person to me.

ice grillin you

the sackler netflix limited series is really good and this from someone who saw and loves the documentary
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Same.

We watched the Hulu one with Michael Keaton and that was good but this one is better. We have one ep left

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on July 24, 2023, 01:24:20 PMRewatched all the Star Wars shows recently. Even managed to get through Andor. It was fine, I guess? The title character was the least interesting part of it every step of the way. Then I went and rewatched Rogue One and laughed that the forgettable french guy from that got his own spinoff show for some reason.

What did you think of Ahsoka? Shes one of my favorite characters in any genre but I thought the series was subpar. Dawson was a bad choice as well as most of the cast minus Ray Stevenson. Writing was terrible

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 19, 2023, 06:40:20 PMJust saw that True Detective is coming back for a season 4. Hopefully it's similar to season 1.

Season 1 was decent...couldn't make it through season 2...few episodes into 3 so far it's not bad

Daisy Jones and the 6 isn't half bad. It's based loosely off Stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham. Sort of a mash up of rock movies into a series.