Did I miss this? Where's the Vet WR post?

Started by methdeez, August 11, 2005, 04:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number1EaglesFan

Quote from: Captain Spach on August 11, 2005, 08:18:05 PM
Best in the business baby.

People's Champ.

Get it right....Freddie Mitchell is the WORST in the business...& Peoples Chump is more like it. :boo

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

WEST is GOD

Eckel mentioned Robert Ferguson too. He also mentioned Warrick and Peerless Price. I do agree with him about Ferguson for the same reason he said. They have 2 other good receivers and Murphy who they drafted. Same reason I put him down on my list.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Captain Spach on August 11, 2005, 08:15:07 PM
Stallworth - ugh
Colbert - Panthers wouldn't.
Moulds - no.
Charles Rogers - isn't he on IR yet?
Peerless Price - only very cheap
Robert Ferguson - garbage.
Freddie Mitchell - lol

ice grillin you

they completely missed the boat on rod gardner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Eckel looks at who is out there...

QuoteSources told The Times, the Eagles are looking into what receivers could be available through trade and what it would take to acquire any of those receivers.

QuoteOn that list could be Cincinnati's Peter Warrick, the fourth pick of the 2000 draft, who never quite lived up to that selection in his five years with the Bengals.

Warrick is currently the Bengals' No. 3 wide receiver and has expressed displeasure with the situation. He is in camp with the team, but he is not practicing. According to reports in the Cincinnati newspapers, Warrick was cleared medically to play but the team has not put him on the field.

The Bengals could waive Warrick to save the $2.28 million he is scheduled to earn this season, but they are somewhat concerned that AFC North rival Pittsburgh would sign him.

It may not take much to acquire Warrick, although his agent is none other than Drew Rosenhaus.

QuoteOther possibilities on the trade market include Peerless Price, who the Atlanta Falcons may try to move. Price will earn $2 million this year and then $5 million each of the next three years. He has been a disappointment for the Falcons after they traded a first-round pick to Buffalo to acquire him

QuoteDetroit, with a glut of wide receivers, may look to move oft-injured Charles Rogers, but would like a good return for their No. 1 pick in the 2003 draft.

QuoteGreen Bay, always a willing trade partner for the Eagles, also has depth at the receiver position and needs all over its defense. Robert Ferguson could be attractive to the Eagles, and might cost a draft pick and/or a defensive player.

QuoteFinally, Cleveland has been reportedly looking to move Andre Davis, their second-round pick in 2002, who missed nine games last year with injury, but averaged over 20 yards per catch.

If, if, if (and I stress if) Detroit is indeed looking to move Rogers, I'd be all over that. Matt Millen is a dumbass. I'd give them a draft pick or two and a player.

Robert Ferguson is intriguing too.

ice grillin you

the rosenhaus factor is way overblown...he is the kind of guy that holds no grudges he just does whats best for his players...and most teams including the eagles i believe realize this and would treat every situation differently

atlanta would never trade the eagles a wr...is eckel is a dope for even mentioning this...their main rival in the conference is going to help them at a position where thye need it most??

ideally warrick will be released and they scoop him up

PhillyPhreak54

I agree that the agent-factor is being overhyped. Look at the fight the Eagles had with Drew when Hugh left the first time...they still drafted McDougle and signed Jevon Kearse.

And I don't see ATL trading us Price either. But they might just flat out cut the dude. They have demoted him. Dez White and Michael jenkins are the "starters" and they still have Roddy White and Brian Finneran.

But I think Peerless Price is a hunk of garbage. I don't want him.

Mad-Lad

while Peerless COULD replace Pinkston as a #2 receiver, we all know he's definitely not a #1 receiver worthy of a double team.

PhillyPhreak54

Cleveland Plain-Dealer

QuoteDavis was mentioned in a trade rumor with Seattle before camp started. But Edwards' absence put talks on hold. Since then, the Philadelphia Eagles have experienced losses at receiver and could be a possible suitor.

ice grillin you

I agree that the agent-factor is being overhyped. Look at the fight the Eagles had with Drew when Hugh left the first time...they still drafted McDougle and signed Jevon Kearse.

exactly...i can see why people hate rosenhaus so much...hes a pompous windbag...but he doesnt bother me...i find him amusing...i also believe for the most part hes fair as an agent...at least as fair as any other agents

in fact rosenhaus is the agent version of TO last year...yet the city worshipped TO last season but despise rosenhaus

id take any wr for the right rpice

fwiw angelo just said they is rumor that hes gonna give after the commercial break about a veteran wr the eagles are trying to get and hes a 'good one'

PhillyPhreak54

Jesus Christ..is Rhea Hughes reading this MB?!?

I posted that Rosenhaus could be fired article from PFT and a minute later she is reporting it on air. Now I posted that link from the Cleveland papers and she is reading it now.

Hey Rhea, if you're reading here...you suck.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

In the big TO thread you started...top of page 35