Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

sometimes go down the rabbit hole of watching random eagles shtein on youtube....been looking for this game for forever and finally found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ENZCL-CLc

i completely forgot how weird it was. cowboys kick 1000 fgs. eagles offense pisses all of itself. all for tommy hutton to bobble the snap on a gimmie fg. 10 year old todd didnt even stay up for this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

I would never in my life watch a re-run of a loss.  Masochism at its worst.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 30, 2020, 08:19:19 PM
It still stings.

boniol shouldve just kicked huttons hand...who cares if he shatters it

also halfway decent chance boniol shanks the kick anyway
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2014, 04:58:23 PM
i still have a hole in my heart over tommy hutton...like it happened yesterday....my personal worst loss ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: MDS on August 30, 2020, 05:43:46 PM
sometimes go down the rabbit hole of watching random eagles shtein on youtube....been looking for this game for forever and finally found it

i completely forgot how weird it was. cowboys kick 1000 fgs. eagles offense pisses all of itself. all for tommy hutton to bobble the snap on a gimmie fg. 10 year old todd didnt even stay up for this.

I was in 5th grade.  My teacher was a cowboys fan.  I talked shtein to him regularly.  I watched that game and hyperventilated into a paper bag for about 90 minutes after with my parents threatening to not let me watch the eagles anymore if that's how I was going to react.   Definitely the biggest emotional blow I can remember in my sports fandom.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on August 31, 2020, 01:06:02 PM
Quote from: MDS on August 30, 2020, 05:43:46 PM

I was in 5th grade.  My teacher was a cowboys fan.  I talked shtein to him regularly.  I watched that game and hyperventilated into a paper bag for about 90 minutes after with my parents threatening to not let me watch the eagles anymore if that's how I was going to react.   Definitely the biggest emotional blow I can remember in my sports fandom.

Lol I'm trying to remember if I went into school the next day now. I was in 4th grade and def stayed   up to watch it. Pretty sure I did go to school and argued with all my friends that were cowboy fans.

What a zesty memory
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

I was fresh out of HS. My first job was loaded with cowboys fans and I talked massive shtein

The following day was rough

MDS

fun what if:

that game pretty much broke ray rhodes. they had a bye the next week...heading in 2-1 with a massive win over dallas is major momentum. they win, perhaps theres enough there to get them to 9 or 10 wins. then the bottom out gets bumped a year. no andy. certainly no donovan.

i will gladly take that scenario

General_Failure

I bet they wind up with Akili Smith in that scenario.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

heres another random fun one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwpLfV_fzhc

frank reich sighting
hugh causing havoc
not shown but this was richie k's last go round
glenn foley lol
young keyshawn
chris t jones !
2 absolutely hideous uniforms

Don Ho

https://vault.si.com/vault/1996/12/23/ray-rhodess-fire-and-brimstone-took-philly-to-the-brink-of-defeat-against-the-lowly-jets

Once I saw that post the first thing I thought of was Aaron Glenn grabbing Irving Fryar's hand warmer as he tried to slow him down on his way to the end zone.  The hand warmer popped off and Glenn was penalized. 

I was in Indianapolis for a meeting two weeks before and watched the Colts with a bunch of nobody's, completely out of the playoff picture destroy this team on Thursday Night Football.  You could tell this team was a lost cause by December.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

First round of cuts today.

Elijah Holyfield and Deontay Burnett the only real names on it

MDS

writers were trying to hype burnett but if hes cut now he must stink

holyfield is the slowest rb in the world...i have no clue what they saw in him to grab him last year. a tiny rb with nonexistent speed. huh