Peter King - Sickening

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 26, 2005, 10:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: DutchBird on September 26, 2005, 06:05:14 PM
Call me an idiot (which I am quite a lot of the time) but this is why I do appreciate Dr Z over the vaaaaaaast majority of the sportswriters of today. Instead of mindless repeating standard cut and paste rehashed and beaten  to death garbage (fat Lan) or using the rear entrance of a team or player (preferably Brady, Manning or Favre) as their place of residence Dr. Z appears to make an attempt to think and come up with his own (albeit often misguided) opinion. Which is more then can be said of roughly 97% of the sportswriting concerning the NFL I have come across.

Note by the way that concerning soccer the situation in Europe is not that much better.

Dr. Z makes shtein up.  That's not admirable, either.

Recently, he said that the mass of Eagles fans were yelling for Koy during the first half of the Raiders game.  Riiiight.

PoopyfaceMcGee

King starts his column this week by bitching about the Lions getting scr00ed on that "catch" by Pollard.

His farging knee was DEFINITELY on the white line when he secured the ball.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, we now see how he's dealing with the Pats' loss.  He has a new team to suck off:

Quote2. San Diego (2-2). Donnie Edwards left a voicemail for me the other day. Faux ominously at the end, he said, "You better pick the Chargers.'' I would have liked to have done that, Donnie. But not this weekend. Not at New England. As usual, shows what I know. I have San Diego this high because when you break New England's 21-game home winning streak, when you dominate the three-time Super Bowl champs and when you score 86 points in two weeks, I'm going to vault you over everyone. Except Indy.

8. New England (2-2). Can you say "exposed?''

PhillyPhreak54

I was just about to post that, FF. :-D

This guy is amazing.

SunMo

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 03, 2005, 09:56:47 AM
King starts his column this week by bitching about the Lions getting scr00ed on that "catch" by Pollard.

His farging knee was DEFINITELY on the white line when he secured the ball.

you think so?  i saw it the other way.  at worse, I didn't think it was enough to overturn the original call of TD
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

But...

Quote2. I think the best thing I've heard about the Patriots in a long time comes from Phil Simms. "Maybe it's just a reflection of society, but everyone's looking for a reason why the Patriots won't repeat. Fans want to move on and see what's next. I speak to fans in airports and other places and they have actually expressed to me that they are 'tired' of the Patriots. OK, so you're tired of good sportsmanship? Tired of players who handle themselves well in the press? Tired of a team overcoming injuries and other obstacles? It makes you wonder.'' Amen, brother.

Barf.

henchmanUK

I like America and I like Americans, but there are some absolute dullards from your country. Peter King is the archetypal American dullard. The Eagles fans I met in London on Sunday night, however, were fargin' awesome. The best Sunday night watching football ever yesterday. The highlight was a very cute, very short (shorter, even, than PG) chick who cut her wrist and had to get bandaged after banging on the table when TO dropped a pass, yet who carried on drinking. (Quote: I'm pissed in both the European and American sense). She is now in Dublin and I am heartbroken.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

General_Failure

Quote from: henchmanUK on October 03, 2005, 10:54:42 AM
I like America and I like Americans, but there are some absolute dullards from your country.

The Jerry Springer show hasn't made it across the pond yet, eh?

The man. The myth. The legend.

henchmanUK

Quote from: General_Failure on October 03, 2005, 11:34:03 AM
Quote from: henchmanUK on October 03, 2005, 10:54:42 AM
I like America and I like Americans, but there are some absolute dullards from your country.

The Jerry Springer show hasn't made it across the pond yet, eh?
:-D  The British dullards have trumped it. The Brit version of Springer is called Jeremy Kyle!
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London