The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

There's nothing left to do but root these fargers out and kill every last one of them.  The gloves come off means internationally, not just the snail eaters.

rjs246

This shtein is horrific but can everyone just breath for a second and realize what this is. 160 or so civilians died. The equivalent of a plane crash. 1/20th of the people who died in 9/11. Around 1/500th of the civilians who have been killed in the Iraq/Afghan wars. ISIS is a terrorist organization that has literally no international or local support. They have drawn the ire of the entire western world and are now talking shtein about attacking Moscow. They are cut off from a world that is entirely interdependent, essentially laying siege to itself. This was a desperation act. It probably took months to plan, killed almost no one and likely strengthened the resolve of their enemies. ISIS cannot win and the more they rely on terror instead of good governance the closer they get to their own destruction. They are the latest horrific example of religion gone haywire, but they are as much an existential threat to democracy as I am. So yes, let's support Paris and do what we can to obliterate these fundamentalist nut jobs, but claiming that 'this is the world we live in' like we're all under some kind of constant threat is absurd. They're trying to scare people, but they have no power beyond that.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

They're nothing more than petty thugs who are doing this for whatever farged up reason.  That said, there's nothing to be done with them but to kill every last one of them.  Dead.  If for no other reason than the world will have fewer religious dickheads blowing shtein up.

rjs246

Alright tough guy I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying that we've already spent a few trillion bucks as a society fighting religious whackos over a few hundred or a few thousand deaths. In the meantime obesity, cancer and heart disease kill 100s of thousands. Car accidents kill more people than terrorism by a wide margin. Our sense of what is dangerous and what threatens our lives is completely farged.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Beirut attacks: Suicide bombers kill dozens in Shia suburb

QuoteAt least 37 people have been killed and 181 wounded in two suicide bomb attacks in a residential area of the Lebanese capital, Beirut, officials say.

The bombers blew themselves up in a busy street in the southern suburb of Burj al-Barajneh, a stronghold of the Shia Islamist Hezbollah movement.

The Sunni jihadist group Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility, but there has been no independent confirmation.

It is the deadliest bombing in Beirut since the civil war ended 25 years ago.

Prime Minister Tammam Salam condemned the attacks as "unjustifiable" and called on Lebanon's rival factions to unite against "plans to create strife".

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on November 14, 2015, 08:24:10 AM
Alright tough guy I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying that we've already spent a few trillion bucks as a society fighting religious whackos over a few hundred or a few thousand deaths. In the meantime obesity, cancer and heart disease kill 100s of thousands. Car accidents kill more people than terrorism by a wide margin. Our sense of what is dangerous and what threatens our lives is completely farged.

yes

also the last time we tried to wipe out a group of savages, isis was essentially created. doing the same to isis will eventually create an even more insane and psychopathic organization.

i dont have any kind of sensible answer for how to solve the issues. violence doesnt work. talking to people to who cannot be talked to doesnt work. i dont know. fine. nuke them. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on November 14, 2015, 08:24:10 AM

I'm a pacifist in general but I honestly believe these mutts are soulless and deserve the worst sort of agonizing deaths imaginable.  I'd be perfectly happy if they were rounded up Nazi-style and chucked into incinerators.  Enough is enough.

rjs246

I'm not even close to a pacifist. What I want is reasonable responses, military or otherwise, to situations. And as a rule people's reactions and responses to terrorism are completely unreasonable, especially given the objectively minute impact it actually has on the world.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 13, 2015, 10:16:44 PM
And another thing

The NYDN shows bodies on its cover tomorrow. Faces no shown but the blood and bodies laying on the ground.

People are offended.

You know what? farg your fragile feelings at seeing dead bodies and if they're exhibiting fake outrage then farg that too. This is the world we live in. It's reality. People want to be worked up about a farging Starbucks cup? Get worked up at the killing going on and support stopping that.

wait, you actually think it's appropriate for a news paper to put dead bodies on its front page?  that's farged up.  it's barbaric and unnecessary.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

QB Eagles

This feeling of anger and vulnerability is what people in the Middle East are feeling every single day. More people were killed by violence in Iraq during the last 24 hrs than in Paris. Just a sample of some of the things that have happened this month: IS executed 22 policemen in Mosul and left their bodies in public. A huge family was killed due to booby traps set in their home by unknown forces. Multiple USA airstrikes, including one on a primary school, have killed children. A suicide bomber hit a funeral and wiped out more than 20 people. IS executed a bunch of POWs. The Turks bombed a bunch of Kurds. Several markets were blown up by suicide bombs. It's thousands that have died just in November.

That's just Iraq. Syria is the same thing now. Regular people are trying to live in that shtein. That's why there's a refugee crisis. A couple US presidents in a row have thought that it's a good idea to destabilize that region. There's no plan here at all. In Syria, do you support the dictator who gassed his own people, al-Qaeda who butchered thousands in New York and Washington, or the Islamic State? Because those are the only three factions who have any traction there at all. So you're left with just this frustrated feeling of "oh just kill as many of them as you can, they're all animals." Which mirrors the same frustrations these religious nutjobs feel about their homelands and the effects of Western policy on their homelands. Is all this death and destruction justified? Of course not, it's barbarism and mass murder. Is it understandable? I think it is possible to understand why these things are occurring, when you look into the pit of hell the Middle East has become. Human life is extremely cheap there. How can you expect them to respect Western lives the way that we do, when back in the Middle East bodies are being stacked up like cordwood on a daily basis and all the average Parisian cares about is his Eagles of Death Metal tickets? Or worse, when they hear some American blowhard talking about killing them all and letting god sort them out, or turning their cities into glass? The terrorist cult leaders love that stuff, it keeps them in business.

There's been a war on terrorism for 14 years now. Is it a success? There hasn't been another 9/11, and that's a big deal. But look at the world of 2015 compared to the world of 2000 and it's hard to argue that things are going well. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's attacks succeeded beyond his wildest dreams. And here we are 14 years later with hundreds of thousands -- maybe millions -- dead from the reverberations of 9/11, and KMS is still alive (albeit uncomfortable).

PhillyPhreak54

Yep - I have no problem with it.

I think people need that shock factor especially in a country where many recoil at the sight of a boob on tv or someone saying a bad word. Tv news will even block out someone mouthing swear words.

So showing the result of something like this at a time when people get more worked up about their damn coffee cups (or whatever the hot item of faux outrage is present) should have the effect that what is going on is real.

Now to clarify I'm not saying show faces or HD up close pics. But what the NYDN showed isn't out of bounds in my opinion.

PhillyPhreak54

That's a helluva post, QB.

The long term effect of going into Iraq and that region as a whole is showing its rotten effects daily. You're right that destabilizing that region was a huge mistake. And we began that on lies from our president. So when Jeb and others rave about how GWB kept the US safe it's wrong on so many levels.

How is this fixed? Who knows. But I read something earlier where the author said maybe the way to do it is like how the DOJ took down the mafia. Not scorched earth but infiltration and systematic elimination.

QB Eagles

I'm with you, Phreak. Let's not bowdlerize our news. You don't need to look further than the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy stuff to see that the mass of idiots in the public need pictures to understand the truth of things. Without blown up body parts on A1, boobus americanus is turning directly to the entertainment section.

PhillyPhreak54

I didn't really realize how sanitized our media was until I went to other countries. My first trip to Peru I turned on the tv when I got to my room and saw full frontal naked women. This is a country that is highly Catholic but the sight of some boobs and bush doesn't corrupt them. The following day I walked to a cafe and at the bodega all of their newspapers had bodies on the front pages from an attack in another part of the country that was carried out by some of the still operating factions of their terrorist organization (The Shining Path).

What happened is news. Sweeping it away and censoring it doesn't help anyone. Like you said people needs pictures and video to understand the serious and horrific atrocities that are taking place and to realize this is the world we live in now.

Additionally - things like this bring out the worst in people in the sense of how they try to mold it to fit whatever political points they want to make.

Anti-immigration folks are saying that Paris closed their borders and that we should do the same or else that will happen here. But in reality the refugees in the various EU countries are running away from people who perpetrated those attacks. They're not leaving Syria to go blow up other countries; they want a peaceful life.

PhillyPhreak54