WIP online

Started by BigEd76, June 20, 2005, 03:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Don Ho on July 12, 2005, 04:15:49 PM
Now callers are pissed because Bobby didn't once acknowledge the city or the Phillis fans.  My mother should call in as she said the same thing after he won.  She was so preplexed why he didn't mention the Phillies.  I asked my mom "Would you?"  That shut her up.

Not one other guy mentioned his team...except Pudge...and that was only because he was in his hometown.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

You guys listening to this stupid crap are masochists. Can't you move the radio dial over to some pleasant static instead? Bashing Abreu today is beyond dumb. I think even Koko the gorilla would sign to tell people to turn that crap off.

BigEd76

Abreu said "wassup Philly" in a postgame interview with Gudel...

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 12, 2005, 04:23:35 PM
You guys listening to this stupid crap are masochists. Can't you move the radio dial over to some pleasant static instead? Bashing Abreu today is beyond dumb. I think even Koko the gorilla would sign to tell people to turn that crap off.

Oh my god!  Listening to Eskin I am actually understanding this whole thing.  I am in my office actually yelling at the guy.  I am ready to be the first caller from Hawaii and read this putz off!  PG - you got my back?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

WEST is GOD

I never understood why he makes people so angry. I don't think a WIP host has ever made me angry. They annoy me and bore me more than anything. Then I usually turn it off. Sometimes when people call Howard and scream and him and he cuts them off, I picture them grabbing their radio and slamming it on the floor. People really do get that mad at him.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

General_Failure

People are dumb. Anything they dislike and can't change they hate. Anything they hate they'll spend time on. Even knowing this, we'll still do it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on July 13, 2005, 10:27:20 PM
People are dumb. Anything they dislike and can't change they hate. Anything they hate they'll spend time on. Even knowing this, we'll still do it.

It made Howard Stern millions. 

Don Ho

Quote from: General_Failure on July 13, 2005, 10:27:20 PM

So that's why my wife stays with me!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

Either that or you're rich.

Wingspan

ok...so this week this station is replaying old games at night, calling it the "City of Champions" week where they played the last championship broadcast of each team in the city. which led to the first time i purposely tuned in to hear something, last night they played the radio broadcast of the 1980 NFC Championship game vs the cowboys.

does anyone else now see 2 glaring oddities on playing the 1980 NFCC Game? while i enjoyed it...these just occured to me

1) it's not the last eagles championship, 1960 was, as we all know they lost the superbowl in 80/81. now i can see them maybe not even having the radio broadcast of the 1960 game. BUT

2) it wasnt even the last NFCC Game the eagles won!?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

General_Failure

My guess is they had the whole thing ready for use previously and just threw it in again.

Don Ho

Quote from: Wingspan on July 21, 2005, 01:19:48 PM
does anyone else now see 2 glaring oddities on playing the 1980 NFCC Game? while i enjoyed it...these just occured to me

1) it's not the last eagles championship, 1960 was, as we all know they lost the superbowl in 80/81. now i can see them maybe not even having the radio broadcast of the 1960 game. BUT

2) it wasnt even the last NFCC Game the eagles won!?

Agreed.  They defended it by claiming this was a team that was just absolutly pathetic for most of the 70's.  Very bad times for the birds before Vermeil got there.  I remember 1972 very well 2-11-1.  :'(They made it to the NFCCG in Vermeils 5th year and the fact it was the Cowboys. 

The birds should have won by 30 points.  They blew a ton of opportunities.  My god did they just destroy the Cowboys that day.  Beautiful. 

Mad-Lad

I'm listening to whoever's on right now (2 guys whom i can't differentiate the voices) to get any sort of updates regarding McDougle.  I'm trying to figure out which is the most insane:

1. the callers who think the FO should give in to TO's demands because there's no way the Eagles have a shot at the  SB without him.

2. the callers who think McNabb is the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's a trick question.  It's actually the same guys just using a different name.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 29, 2005, 02:35:46 PM
That's a trick question.  It's actually the same guys just using a different name.

those sneaky bastiches!