Around The NFL - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 16, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

amazon exclusivity and the peacock game certainly are...amazon has been long linked to thursday but what nobody was sure of was if they would split with nfln or get the games themselves

i hope the eagles play a road game on peacock so you have to figure out how to download it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

lolol he wouldn't watch it then

But it's funny to think about

ice grillin you

so bars arent going to have the games anymore?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

im honestly not sure if bars are going to have the foresight to bring in a roku player and add amazon to it so it can be pulled up. like imagine going up to the bartender and saying hey can you put on peacock.

amazon gets exclusive thursday games perhaps changes this. peacock is going to have some nhl games so if you hit a place in like minnesota maybe theyll be ready for it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

I was kidding...there isn't a farging chance in the world that the nfl Sunday ticket or whatever it ends up being called will not be in every bar/restaurant  that it is now...however that  happens

MDS

im not sure how it would work but theres going to be a back door for bars to get sunday ticket through cable/satellite. kind of the same way they have to order a super expensive ppv and dont just get the regular $75 one you or i would get.

cut to november 2025 and this motherfarger is watching eagles/vikings on his phone on peacock

Geowhizzer

By 2025 I'll need my glasses and a magnifying glass to see anything on my phone.

General_Failure

By 2025 Peacock will be shuttered because it loses money.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I don't follow closely enough to judge:  did Seattle screw Carlos Dunlap over?  They traded for him mid-season, and re-negotiated his deal, pushing $3M into a signing bonus due this year.  He played well.   They are now cutting him.  No $3M.

Looks bad.  Am I missing something?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

No. He was willing to eat the money to get off the Bengals, and he'll make plenty on the open market this offseason. It was always understood by both parties that the Seahawks would be able to cut him.

Diomedes

So he just basically bought himself out of Cincinnati for $3M.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on March 08, 2021, 07:40:40 PM
So he just basically bought himself out of Cincinnati for $3M.

Not exactly. He took a $2M cut (not $3M) to set it up as a classic "bet on himself". If he stayed healthy and played well in 2020 (and I think he did), either the Seahawks would pay him more money in the last year of the deal than he was originally due, or he'd be able to parlay his good play into a fat new contract after being cut.

PhillyPhreak54

The salary cap reduction is going to mean a bloodbath for players

Chiefs cut both starting tackles
Reilly Reiff and Janoris Jenkins also cut today

General_Failure

There's over $400 million in cap space for just ten teams. We're probably going to see some contracts come out of that, call it a hunch.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

half the league is 20 million or more under the cap

chiefs just happened to be at the bottom before their moves