The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

wait - why did DEA agents pull him over ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

His taillight kept going out while he was making a turn.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: smeags on May 04, 2015, 02:14:44 PM
wait - why did DEA agents pull him over ?
Why or how?  Why, they suspected he was not taking a cross country trip for the fun of it.  How, well that's where the legality of his arrest comes into play.  Or what GF said.  Meanwhile I just typed interdiction into google to make sure my spelling was correct, and this was the first thing that came back.  http://highwaydruginterdiction.com/
QuoteSo why do some cops bring in huge drug hauls so easily while you struggle to find a dime bag?

What if there was a way you could find 10lbs, 50lbs, or even 400lbs of dope?

Are you a cop who eats, sleeps, and breathes highway drug interdiction or aspire to be an interdiction officer?

Are you the cop that never, ever, gets off the highway in fear of missing that mother load that may drive by?

Do you even take a sack lunch with you so you don't have to get off the highway to eat?

If you could read just one article about how to turn into a drug finding machine, this is it. 

Kinda scary, and not just how that website is setup in what looks like an angelfire webpage. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

Don't carry cash so it can't be confiscated, but don't use credit cards so you can't be tracked.

smeags

i guess how is the better question - how did they know he was carrying those funds.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: smeags on May 04, 2015, 03:36:13 PM
i guess how is the better question - how did they know he was carrying those funds.
I don't know everything that went down but my understanding is he eventually responded with a yes when they asked if he had money in the vehicle.  Once that admission happened, game on for the narcs. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

so this long after and they are still sitting on the funds. without an arrest. what the hell did they claim in this "case" to justify holding this money ?

hbionic

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 04, 2015, 03:17:29 PM

Kinda scary, and not just how that website is setup in what looks like an angelfire webpage.

What's the significance of it being an angelfire webpage?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Quote from: hbionic on May 04, 2015, 04:21:20 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 04, 2015, 03:17:29 PM

What's the significance of it being an angelfire webpage?

Would you go to a government building made of popsicle sticks with the name of the building drawn on with crayon? If you were a normal person, I mean.

Rome

Quote from: smeags on May 04, 2015, 04:11:31 PM
so this long after and they are still sitting on the funds. without an arrest. what the hell did they claim in this "case" to justify holding this money ?

national security.

Diomedes

If you want to know more about this business of the State taking cash from people, the Washington Post recently published some very good articles on the subject.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2014/09/06/stop-and-seize/
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I've read a couple stories like that where they jack people up and keep their cash. One was a Chinese dude going to Louisiana from Florida with cash to open a restaurant. They kept his money.

Here in SE Texas highway 59 is a major drug corridor. Get stopped on that road with cash and they're going to take it. Especially in a small town to hopefully boost their coffers so they can buy snazzy military equipment.

On a side not and somewhat related...the government took a couple million from a dude and his family in Vegas saying he was running an illegal bookmaking operation or something along those lines. They filed it in the super secret court to take the cash and the judge smacked them down a bit for trying to be secretive about it.

farged up system

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: smeags on May 04, 2015, 04:11:31 PM

They released him, he returned to his home state.  And when he flew south to visit family, they executed a raid/warrant on his house in PA.  Didn't find anything, but they basically released him, then searched him again.  At which time he was told he had to go to MA to face charges.  Got there, and the prosecutor evidently realized it was a mess, so he avoided charges, but again they have the funds. 

I read that article before I found out about this and its just a farged up system. 

smeags

and people still think the governement works for us.  :-D

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 04, 2015, 01:51:50 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 01, 2015, 08:46:07 PM
I can see it now

"Mind if we search your truck to make sure you don't have anything illegal?"

"Yes I do mind. No you may not search"

Calls dogs in

"Sir we have a hit and that gives us probable cause to search the vehicle"

Wasn't there just a ruling that searches of vehicles by drug dogs is illegal without a signed warrant?  Basically if you refused, the officers are not supposed to be able to get a drug dog to arbitrarily search the exterior of your vehicle without a judge signing off. 

No and yes.  Before, it was a state issue to an extent.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, in Alabama you had fewer rights regarding k9 searches than in Pennsylvania.

A K-9 unit cannot arbitrarily, as you say, be called for a traffic stop.  However, you don't need a warrant - all you need is "reasonable suspicion."   A cop can usually argue for reasonable suspicion if pressed in court, so it isn't a groundbreaking change.

Remember this when it comes to searches and their legality - you have no privacy rights to something that is visible to others (generally speaking).  This is the plain sight/touch rule.  If a cop can see heroin in your passenger seat, it's not illegal for you to be arrested then even if you didn't do anything.  The heroin is within plain view.  You lose. 

Cops also use this reasonable suspicion standard to skirt the law with Terry stops.  Meaning a cop can pat you down for weapons if they have a reasonable suspicion that you're going to commit some violent crime etc.  But what happens is a lot of times this is a pretext for a drug search.  They say they're patting you down for weapons (because they need PC to do a drug search) and they "feel" drugs on you at which point it comes in via plain feel.  If the stop is legal, and they "feel" drugs, that comes in against you even though they didn't have cause to search you for drugs in the first place.