The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

zagat came out with a top 10 beer halls in the us

frankford hall (awesome) was number one and morgans pier (never been) number nine

philly rep

http://www.zagat.com/b/the-10-hottest-beer-gardens-across-the-u.s#1
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Had to clear out my grandparents house a few weeks back and grabbed a lot of stuff from my grandfathers bar.   Ended up taking his "Beer Meister" which despite being built in 73, is still running like a champ.  Took the time to refinish the inside with new paint, polish everything up, then realized it only fits pony 1/4 kegs which none of the craftbrews are available in.  Kinda sucked, but whatever, it'll be specifically for Miller Lite. 

Also found a refrigerator Kegerator conversion kit which is really just a tap that you insert on the fridge.  Got around last night to getting it installed which was just taking a hole saw, and cutting thru the outside of the fridge to the inside plastic.  Hooked up a sixtel of Stone Go To IPA, got it regulated pretty quickly, and we're now up and running.  I would say if anyone has a spare fridge that you use as a beer fridge, def look at getting a kit off micromatic or amazon.  Simple install, and you can't go wrong if you have a good beer supplier. 

Also picked up a really old Jockey Box which i still need to get cleaned up, but it's pretty awesome.  A jockey box is a box where it has coiled copper and you put ice over top of it, so it instantly cools beer.  They were big before manual pump kegs at parties apparently.  Still has an old "Reading Brewing" tap on it.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

when i was young and couldn't afford it a kegerator was my dream purchase....now that i am old and can afford it i really don't drink beer anymore....dagger

still i  am jealous of anyone that has one....my boy has an outdoor dual one....its so sweet

SunMo

use some of those cheddar stacks to pay someone to make a gin keg
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on July 11, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

is there a specific reason that you want me dead?

Seabiscuit36

I know, I really should have done it years ago.  My grandfather had one at his house and vacation home.  Going thru all of his stuff, I came across the paperwork when he first bought the old BeerMeister.  It was a breakdown of cost of a 24 case of beer, compared to costs of going out to the bar, vs having your own keg.  Kinda cool in its own oldschool hand written way. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 11, 2014, 04:37:46 PM
Quote from: SunMo on July 11, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

is there a specific reason that you want me dead?
He wants your Eagles memorabilia. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

http://www.vice.com/al-kee-hol

I'm pretty sure VICE made this just for IGY

ice grillin you

that was dope

the half gallon idea was super....im pretty sure hemmingway is rolling over in his grave at the thought of frozen daqs but i love them...whenever i go to new orleans the grain alcohol one is almost always my first drink of the day....those things are the ultimate kickstarter and no matter how zesty you might feel its always drinkable and gets you right back on track

savannah riverfront (which if you havent been there is basically a mini bourbon street) has a bunch of those places as well.....i wish more cities did

phattymatty

my sister used to live in the garden district...those drinks at the saint are no joke. get crunked.

Seabiscuit36

It's legal crack juice.  I need to make a trip soon.

Don Ho

:-D  Yes they are!  That was one of the great things about going to New Orleans.  I've been three times and it's always been in December.  They were damn good but I couldn't think of anything better on a hot, humid day than one of those.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

Had my sons first bday party yesterday.  Ended up getting a 1/2 Keg of Miller Lite.  I was worried that we'd end up with it not getting kicked, but i was dead wrong.  Tapped it at 330, Dry as a dead dingos donger by 9pm

ice grillin you

theres no such thing as a full keg