DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2012, 12:53:42 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2012, 12:34:06 PM
but yeah hes a dime a dozen good wr

Quote from: hbionic on November 01, 2012, 12:49:55 PM
He's above above-average and less than stellar.

wouldnt that be "good"

By your definition no. You infer that there are so many good receivers in the league, that they are a dime a dozen. I think you use that term loosely. There are a handful of good receivers and less stellar receivers...the rest are thrash.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i wasnt inferring anything i was saying there are many many wr's as good as him....and not just in the nfl....shtein theres some in college also...

put it this way if he lost a leg tomorrow i wouldnt eve blink an eye and in fact id be a little excited to see what they could replace him with and possibly get better

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 01, 2012, 11:15:54 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on November 01, 2012, 10:11:21 AM
Seriously - if you're elite, you make plays regardless of who's around you. Steve Smith in Carolina is a good example. Andre Johnson in Houston for pretty much his whole career is another. Jackson to me is quickly becoming another guy....he's running on equity he built on a few plays in the past.

Steve Smith had absolutely terrible numbers when Carolina was carouseling qbs like Chris Wanke and Matt Moore

Of course his season totals sucked. My point was that with zesty QB play Steve Smith still make unreal plays. When was the last time you saw Jackson break a big one?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

reese125

That's because Steve Smith still has cast iron balls no matter how hard he gets hit when he catches the ball.

Jackson is still shook from getting Daunte Robinsoned.

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2012, 02:33:49 PM
i wasnt inferring anything i was saying there are many many wr's as good as him....and not just in the nfl....shtein theres some in college also...

put it this way if he lost a leg tomorrow i wouldnt eve blink an eye and in fact id be a little excited to see what they could replace him with and possibly get better

Really? Ok, I know they've been zesty drafts, but historically look at the receivers we've had here in the last 12 years.

Day in and day out, over that same time span, how many other receivers can you say have the same consistency. He's tough, fast, and catches most balls thrown his way.

I'm going to disagree.

*There's a good chance that due to the fact we've had shtein receivers here, maybe he looks better to me than he is.

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on November 01, 2012, 03:25:35 PM
That's because Steve Smith still has cast iron balls no matter how hard he gets hit when he catches the ball.

Jackson is still shook from getting Daunte Robinsoned.

hes caught like 35 balls this year most all of them short/underneath/over the middle....in other words not in the open field where he can run away from people but high traffic areas where he can get hit

and the irony is that one of the few deeps balls they have connected on this year was his amazing catch down the sideline against the ravens where he knew he was gonna get hit and then got murdered by ed reed

stop with the idiotic dunta robinson stuff...you sould like the 16 year old wip caller who just repeats what he heard three years ago and still continues to say it....hes never going to be anquan boldin...thats not who he is nor should you want him to be....trust me when he was scoring touchdowns his first few years it wasnt because he was taking monster hits that could end his career

in fact his first start immediately after the dunta game he went for 7-107-1 and even had 3 rushes for 25 yards

and arguably the best game of his career was a few games later when he went for over 200 yards against dallas....this notion that the minute the dunta robinson hit occured his whole career changed is so assinine i dont even know where to start

reese125

This guy cried and played like dogshtein to get a big contract and wamted to be paid like he was big time, but fails to produce on a weekly basis. His every sunday stats can be put up by anyone.

This fascination eagles fans have with speed at wr because they were entrenched in garbage at the position for so many years is farging silly. "Pay him anything he wants", "Jackson is a god"...unreal. Your favorite boy is the classic boom or bust receiver.  Grab a hug and except it.

Diomedes

Who was the last receiver the Eagles have had of Maclin's quality not named Jackson or Owens?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

You said in one sentence what I tried to say in two paragraphs.

My admiration for you is high mi-lord. My admiration for my brain is non-existent.

BobbyT

DeSean hasn't played well on the road since Miracle in the Meadowlands XXX
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

SD

Babin was bitching about the fans too.

If I had wrote that prior to saying Jackson was bitching this thread would be going in a different direction.

Diomedes

Lets talk about Babin instead, that will be very satisfying.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on November 01, 2012, 06:43:55 PM
If I had wrote that prior to saying Jackson was bitching this thread would be going in a different direction.

of course it would because people want to like the white guy so bad....especially an underdog guy with a dood like personality...everyone raving about him last year with all his sacks was a joke...i took so much shtein last year for saying he was a complete waste of life and one of the most selfish guys ive ever seen on the field...

i dont blame people because football is a hard game to watch but while the dont mean nothing stats in football mean less than any other sport....you have to "watch" the games...which happens very rarely in football anymore because of fantasy and red zone and shtein like that....its so frustrating to have to try and talk sports with the reeses of the world...